Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mechanical Broadheads

What are you guys shooting? Have mainly used fixed in the past and want to try these. What heads are giving you pass throughs? Thoughts?

Look into Trophy Ridge Meat Seekers, they get excellent reviews, even for mechanicals. I shot a doe with them last year and she only ran about 40 yards, had great entrance and exit holes. If your bow is shooting enough KE Rage 2-blades are a pretty mean head. I shot two does with them year before last and both of them ran less than 50 yards and piled up, and one of them I shot square in the shoulder. I switched because I shoot low poundage and short draw length so I wasn't getting the penetration I desired, but both times the Rage left a massive entrance hole and got the job done.

im hooked on rage, absoluetly love them shot 2 deer with them and have watched bother of them fall within 60 yards. I shoot the 2 blade 100 grain..they also fly jus like a fieldpoint. Some people dislike them but i've never had problems with them. Mine has always opened when shot havent had the first problem at all. But just try a few different types and see what you like and what shoots the best.

I've shot 2 bucks and 2 does with the rage 2 blade. I have never had a pass through with them. It almost cost be a nice buck last year. I'm going back to the Muzzy fixed.

I'm shooting the Atom this year. I took 3 hogs with them in April. All hogs went down in sight and all pass through arrows. If you want penetration, these will do it!!

Last edited:
shot three does this year two with the rage and 1 with the spitfire 100 , the spitfire and one rage were complete passthroughs, the other rage wasnt only cuz it was a poor hit but still found here within 100 yards.

Thnx for the replies guys I have heard the spit fires were good from the neighbor. Just so many out there now gets confusing and when the moment of truth comes you want to be sure.

I have shot the G5 Strikers and have had pass throughs with all of them. Very sharp blades and flies good. My quiver has a couple Grim Reapers in them also. I will be hunting more field edges this season and needed an option for longer shots and hope these do the trick.

Just make sure that when that moment of truth comes, you have a head that you have practiced with and is accurate. Big holes you can throw an axe through is the big sexy hype now in broadheads but doesn't do you any good if it is a bad hit or if you don't get the penetration you need. Personally I don't have anything against mechanicals, but I switched back to Slick Tricks and NAP Nitrons last year. One has only a 1" cutting diameter and the other a 1 1/16", but both are extremely accurate and put a very respectable hole in a deer. Haven't had a deer run any farther than when I shot the Rages and I'm getting passthroughs every time.

I don't have a bad word to say about 2 blade Rage. Piled up a buck in 60 yards last night with a double lung shot, never seen a hole like it

My vote is also for the two bladed rage. I made a poor shot on a nice buck last year and still recovered him pretty easily. Thanks to the monster hole it left!

I have shot Rage, Jak Hammers and Hammerheads through deer. Don't really have a bad thing to say about any of them yet. I am going to try Redhead Gators this year. They are pretty much a rage with a better design and no O-rings. I will let you know how they work.

Top Bottom