Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Meet Silo

Shoot2Kill

This is officially my first trail cam post debut!

For the past 3 years since I've lived where I do out in the country here in MN I have had very poor luck at seeing decent bucks, let alone shooting any. Nearly every buck I've passed bowhunting was killed during gun season by my neighbors....I got close ups of them on the meat poles....dinks...every of of them - brown it's down summs it up. My desire to spend time in a tree has dwindled more and more as time goes on - it's been so long since I actually was excited hunting whitetails since we lived in AK for 5 years prior to living where we do now that the fire was nearly blown out (plus THA4 introduced me to muskies this summer and I've been totally consumed with them and am still in fall muskie mode and had come to tearms with the fact that I may not even deer hunt this year if the weather was condusive to chasing teeth)....well...that was until Silo showed up. :grin:

We have 3.5 acres out in the country with a creek running through our back yard (not really a lot of timber, but there is 300 - 400 acres across the road) and to this date I've seen one deer run in the field behind our house, but I kept seeing doe tracks in my wheeler trail behind my creek so I got a Scoutguard last year at Xmas and hung it in June to see what is prowling around behind my house. All summer I watched 2 families of coons...one pic I have 12 of them, and 2 different does with fawns, so there was always something on the cam, but never any bone.

On Tuesday I went to pull the card and decided to pull the cam down to take and hang it for a few days where I'm going to slug hunt next weekend. I went inside, popped in the card and damn near shat myself.

Meet Silo - 75 yards out my back door. I gave him his name because of his freakishly tall right side brow. He would be a real stud in a year...especially 2 but the sad thing is that he will most likely not be given the chance by anyone around here.... myself included since I'd love to stick a buck like that on my own massive 3.5 acres. :grin:

4125-silo.jpg

The corn pile and apple block have been out all summer/fall...I never had any intentions of hunting there so don't worry, I'm not baiting deer in my yard to whack....the piles are now cleaned up.

4125-silo_profile.jpg

4125-silo_head_shot.jpg

He's no IA Giant, but he is by far the biggest thing I've known to exist around my place.

Not only did Silo make an appearance for me to have my first buck pics....so did these 2 guys!

4125-10_point.jpg

4125-8_point.jpg

So that was quite the card pull for me......none of them have been back since and they didn't hang out long when they were there so I'm sure they were out on the prowl....but it gives me hope! :grin:

Also got some ladies passing through....

4125-turks.jpg

And a very fluffy fawn killer that I'd like to get in a leg hold this winter....

4125-yote.jpg

So gun season here starts next Saturday, I'd never considered hunting my creek bed since there really isn't much there timber wise, but if Silo is making his rounds before next weekend I won't hesitate to stick a G5 in his side. :grin:

Last edited:
go get that sucka!!!

It would be awsome to kill a deer on your own ground, and there is no shame in killing a 3.5 year old....:drink2:

I LIKE HIM!!!

Top Bottom