Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

memories are the thing...

muddy

my buddy and i only get to hunt together once in a great while now that we're grown up and stuff. today was the first time i've seen him in a month or so. since i've tagged out i told him i'd go along and rattle one up for him. well tonight we went out with the climbers and set up in a place that i wanted to hunt but never got a chance. the place is torn up with rubs and scrapes. i have a bow tag for turkeys but spent the night banging my horns together for him. about a hour after getting there i finish up a rattling sequence and i see my buddy standing up. i turn around in time to see a deer flagging so i hit "the can" and tinkle the horns while grunting. next thing i see is my buddy shifting his feet and doing a "peekaboo" thing through the sticks. i look over and there is a buck on a string coming right for my stand. he angles over and i grunt, he stops and gets ventilated. he wasn't huge by any means but he's a 85-100 inch grossing buck with one main beam that looks like a turkey track. all the points come out of one central place. what blows my mind is that we aged him and he had tricuspids on his lower jaw...year and a half year old buck! in 2 year he would've been big! last year i shot a 10 point that looked older but had tricuspids and was pretty damn big for a young buck. anyway, just wanted to share a succesfull hunt with ya all. sorry there won't be any pictures though, i'll try and get a pic of the antler and post it in a month or so!

time to chase the white turkey now!

we had the full effect going tonight, rattlin', gruntin', "the can" doe bleat, and estrous scent on the ground, it couldn't have worked out much better.....other than the fact that when we were lookin at his arrow a 135 inch 8 pointer walked by at 15 yards totally oblivious to us we couldn't have asked for a better hunt.

Top Bottom