Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mercy Kill

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Well i put a few hours in this year. I saw several deer this year, but only 3 mature bucks and only one real shooter. I decided to go out one last weekend between doing some work at my buddy's house. Saturday morning I made it to the stand plenty early. I did a little rattling and actually had a few young bucks respond, I hadn't had much luck with any calling this year so I was thrilled. I could only hunt until 9 and of course this little guy came limping by at 0855. I hate seeing anything suffer so I decided to put him down. I placed an arrow right behind his front should and he exploded like he wasn't hurt. He ran less then 50 yards and dropped. Once I got to him I could see he had either been shoot with a small caliper rifle or pistol or gored. I didn't get much meat from his front half, but was able to get some good back strap and some rump roast!!!

Tagged out now so I am getting ready to join the orange army and then head south for an archery Aoudad hunt!

Good mercy shot. He definitely looks like a 2 yr old. I like the "Little Guy" comment. To many in other states he'd be a trophy. I came from a state like that. Since here for a few yrs, I do pass on what I figure are 2 yr olds. I sw 4 or 5 of em this season. Only one I considered 3 yrs old. finally the one old timer I shot. Three or 4 yearlings. after 60 hrs on stand.

He was bow hunting at the time he took the deer. I can't call him a true gun hunter unless he was gun hunting.

This is why I LOVE THIS site... so many other "hunting" forums would not be so supportive!

Great shot, fantastic ethics displayed by you sir. Thanks for sharing.

Love me some IWT.

Top Bottom