Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Merry Christmas - 2001

luvtohunt

Merry Christmas To You and Your Families!!

Hopefully The good Lord will bless you and your families, like he did me this past hunting season, my 12 year old son harvested his first antelope and first whitetail, and to top it off my wife also harvested her first antelope and mule deer, along with my 7 year old son, harvesting his first rabbit. It does not get any better than this!!

Merry Christmas to all and may God bless you greatly in the coming year.

May Santa put a "Big Buck" gift certificate in all your stockings.......

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the
Bell's in PA, God Bless!

Steve

I suspect many members are already on the road traveling but before the day winds down we wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

God Bless,

uploaded2001XMas.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

Did anyone get any cool hunting stuff from Santa?

TLH

santa brought me a new shotgun scope, to help these old eyes see better and further....................thank-you SANTA.....................GOD BLESS ALL............GOD BLESS AMERICA...........

MERRY X-MAS TO ALL!!!!!!
Santa got me a new pair of binoculars, and some warm socks. It seems I can never keep my feet warm. Anyone got any idea's? When ever I'm in a stand my feet just won't stay warm.

Merry Christmas!

my mother in law got me a new scope! my wife got me a new pistol and two knives, what a great Christmas!

Happy New Year to All!

Bowdude,

Cabela's -40 pack boots. Use these with a pair of Wigwam wool socks, and if your feet get cold you are probably dead. Not the boots to wear if you've got alot of walking to do though. Happy Holidays!

NWBuck

NW BUCK,
Do they keep you warm in a tree stand?
I have tried Rocky's(no luck), I also have a pair of 1200 Gram La Cross rubber's. They did better than the Rocky's, but after about 2 hours my feet are very cold.
I think I would spend more time in my stand on a cold day if my feet would stay warm!
Do the pack boots have removable felt liners?
Thanks,
BOWDUDE

Santa brought me a new scent-lok suit. I'm anxious to get out and try it and see how well it really works. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Micah

Bowdude,
I checked the Cabelas Fall catalog and didn't find exactly what I bought two years ago. I'm sure the style, etc. has changed, but mine are the Cabelas version, so they were a bit less expensive...about $85 as I remember it. They do have a thick removable liner, but not felt. I believe they had 1200 gram thinsulate insulation. I've spent 5-6 hours in a tree stand on a cold day and my feet are always warm. Cold fingers would drive me out long before my feet ever thought of getting cold. Anyway, they are VERY big and bulky...alot like the old Mickey Mouse boots, but extremely warm. As I look in the Edition I fall catalog they are probably most like the ones I see on the bottom of page 272. Good luck!

NWBuck

To all that get cold feet:

Last year Santa brought me some of those big "boot blanket" thingys. You know, those big boot things you zip over your boots while in the stand. Anyway, I have never left due to the cold since then and that's even counting the cold days in late muzzleloader season last year. I think Cabelas has them for about $50. I used to use Mickey Mouse boots but they finally developed a hole in them that was unrepairable, besides, they were bulky to walk in. If you're having trouble keeping your tootsies warm I'd recommend the boot blanket things, if you still have trouble with them throw a hand warmer inside each of them. If your feet still get cold something's wrong. They are bulky but I carry mine with little grief on my fanny pack while I am still hunting...they're worth the troble if I end up needing them.

MW

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BOWDUDE:
MERRY X-MAS TO ALL!!!!!!
Santa got me a new pair of binoculars, and some warm socks. It seems I can never keep my feet warm. Anyone got any idea's? When ever I'm in a stand my feet just won't stay warm.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something that I have done in the past is to use heat packs.When you feel that your feet are going to the point of needing something. Try them in your boots. It will warm them up. I haven't had to worry about them getting too hot because of the fact they need O2 oxygen to keep the heat going. It does work. I've done this while ice fishing also.
Theo

My best tip for cold feet.
Back when I used to wear the old pac boots with felt liners, my feet would sweat then get very cold. (the rubber would trap sweat and the felt liners would get wet) About 4-5 years ago I started using foot powder and wearing my insulated leather hunting boots with 2 pairs of socks (no cotton socks!), and my feet stay much warmer.
Dry may not guarantee toasty warm, but it prevents frozen & numb!

IaCraig

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the idea's. I have plenty of hunting boots, so I think it is time to invest in a pair of pack boots. I just need to decide if I want to try Cabela's(fall catalog p.275) or Rocky's Juneau Pac (p.281) I like Cabela's price better. If you have problems with you feet sweating then getting cold, spray your feet with Right Guard unscented Anti-perspirant. My doctor told me to try that.
If anyone has any of the aboved named boots would love to hear how they work for you,
Thanks,
Bowdude

Top Bottom