Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mexico Deer hunting

Bowhunt

This may sound crazy, and most likely is. I work with a guy that is from Mexico and he sees I have shotgun shells in my truck. He says do I hunt, I say yea. He says he does also I said in Iowa, he says no in Mexico. Turns out that someone in his family has a large ranch in mexico and they have deer and they would most likely let me hunt. This is something that is getting my interest, I know that there are areas just over the border that hold awesome coues, whitetail, and mule deer. I am going to look into getting a tag, and wondered if anyone had ever hunted mexico. I looked online and did not really have any luck. If anyone could help me out that would be great!

my advice is stay in america! don't give forigners any cash, even for there whitetails.
waytogo.gif

I've never hunted in Mexico, but there are big deer there. Is this over the border from Texas? Most good hunting in northern Mexico is in that region.

I'd go in a heartbeat. Mexican hospitatlity is second to none, and the country is beautiful.

Don't pass at the chance to hunt...anywhere. I would bet they may have a good population of Goulds turkeys as well. Keep us posted sounds like fun!

Make sure you have all your paperwork is in order including your visa, gun permits, paperwork from the county sheriff stating no outstanding warrants,one of my clients hunts old Mexico and he says the hunting is good,but the customs are not fond of American hunters.Its easier to get in than to get back out.I'm staying in the USA.... Houston !!

Leo says that he hunts deer, javelina, and turkey. I looked the gun issue already and Leo says I could use their guns while I was there. The area is not terribly far from the US, less than 2 hours. I was looking at the prices to hunt Mexico through an outfitter, and it is ridicilous. I am going to try to take advantage of this oppurtunity while I can hunt for free!

Top Bottom