Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Michigan

Murder Mitten! LOL! It's funny cause its true...

HA, exactly, I thought the exact same thing!!!!
Ok, for you guys that don't understand how bad MI's management is for deer (I hunted across the whole state growing up for years)....
Analogy.... Imagine how Detroit is compared to "other cities" - management of it, looks, jobs, attraction, people wanting to go there, crime, etc..... OK - MI's deer hunting... It's the exact equivalent or analogy of comparing other cities to Detroit..... It's a frigin nightmare and total disastrous mess. ;) It could be good, that's the sad part. It's BAD!!!!!!!

A gang member dealing crack in Detroit flashing the wrong gang signs all day & messing with everyone else's turf has a million times better survival rate than a 1.5 year old buck in MI!!! :(:mad::confused:

I hunted in MI since 14 yrs ago. Mostly in the Northern Lower. Problem with MI, is 400,000 bow hunters,,,800,000 gun hunters. Gun opener Nov 15th. When I moved up to the Northern Lower, the DNR told me that 80% of all living bucks were taken out by the 3rd day of the Rifle Season in my area! It has gotten some better ,however. I still have friends that deer hunt up there. The big TB scare brought almost unlimited doe tags for a few yrs. This brought the entire population down to nill. This meant very few hunters went north anymore. Thus,,the numbers came back,,bucks survived, and some of my friends did quite well last season. For Michigan ,that is. A two yr old and a 3 yr old,,are OLD, there.

Bad is a relative term. Despite what the DNR tells its hunters they manage the deer herd based on collective goals established by their biologists, state legislature, insurance companies, farmers, etc. Their goals versus hunters goals are very different . Hunting is a privilege not a right to hunt trophy bucks and management is done for the common good, in their eyes, whatever that may be!?!?

Last edited:
Bad is a relative term. Despite what the DNR tells its hunters they manage the deer herd based on collective goals established by their biologists, state legislature, insurance companies, farmers, etc. Their goals versus hunters goals are very different . Hunting is a privilege not a right to hunt trophy bucks and management is done for the common good, in their eyes, whatever that may be!?!?

Mehhhh..... To me it seems they make all their decisions based on $$$$. Try this one on for size. They were discussing (about the time I moved out of there) moving the opening of firearms from Nov. 15 to the second Saturday in November and running it thru the 3rd Sunday. Why you might ask? To give people two full weekends of hunting... to sell more tags....to make more MONEY. That potential season (worst case based on calendar) would be November 8-23. What a joke!!! Oh.... they allowed full fledge crossbows a couple years ago... NOW you can hunt with a straight cartridge rifle even in the shotgun zone.

I could go on and on and on. It's all about chasing the dollar for them.

weeehhhhh Not a day goes by that I am not thankful I got out of there!!! somehow I got lucky and shot a 145" 4 1/2 year old there. I tell people that is equivalent of a 200" Iowa buck in level of difficulty.. I don't think that is far off!

Top Bottom