Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mid morning movement

Cooter

Some morning obligations make it so I can't be in the stand before nautical twilight. I can make it to the stand at about 0900 and can stay till 1300. I have seen a lot of movement in that time frame.

Do you guys think I would being doing more harm than good? I'm worried about bumping deer on the way in.

I will be going regardless. I can't get one staying home just would like some input.

-}}}---------->

I harvested my buck last saturday at 930 when it was 70 degrees. he was cruising between doe bedding areas. With this cold there should be alot more mid day movement.

I heard you can kill big mature bucks while lounging at home. I haven't tried it yet but it's worth a shot.

i was out all afternoon and left after dark 0 deer in daylight everything was moving after dark where i was

There's 3 posts asking this same question in this very forum right now. Remember guys, you can't kill one from the couch. Hunt as much as you can, even if you don't feel the times are ideal. This time of year deer are moving all day.

Altiman94 said:
There's 3 posts asking this same question in this very forum right now. Remember guys, you can't kill one from the couch. Hunt as much as you can, even if you don't feel the times are ideal. This time of year deer are moving all day.

Really? I'm a regular and I didn't see them. Sorry if I missed them:confused:

-}}}---------->

You decide to sit Cooter? See much? I bet they move really well tonight. Wish I wasn't working.

sureshot said:
You decide to sit Cooter? See much? I bet they move really well tonight. Wish I wasn't working.

Nope didn't make it out today. :(. Tomorrow and hopefully the rest of the week.

-}}}---------->

FWIW, I have received a couple of "from the field" emails today from some top notch hunters who both say the "deer are sure moving today". I don't know if that changes anyones mind or not, but there you have it. :D

I seen the best movement I've seen all year this morning. A lot of bucks cruising and chasing. Had a 135-140 8 at 10 yards but I passed I already have one of those! Have not seen much yet this evening, a doe bedded 30 yards from my stand but a yote came and bumped her tried sticking him but he caught me reaching for my bow

Pretty decent movement this am for me. All told, I think I saw four bucks and 3-4 does/fawns from 6:30 till 11:30. The only mature buck was holding tight with a doe or chasing the 2-3 yr olds off. The rest were out cruising. This was an interior timber-bedding area. Most of the sightings were after 9:00am.

I had a slow day right till about four jade a wall hanger on a doe walk right under my stand i turned in to a shaking mess and he is not in my truck always next time. I love this sport

Where does the time of post come from? The last post said at 6:46 Today. My clock says that it is 1:29 Wed right now

Nothing after 9 am today. 2 shooters stayed just outside of sixty yds. They left all their does in the bedding area and went off to somewhere else. No responsiveness to any calling what so ever.

Sat until noon. Saw 8 deer, 6 bucks. One hot doe with 4 bucks on her...right below my tree. Couple nice ones and a couple dinks. Unfortunately no shooters. Last action was 9:30.

Top Bottom