Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Midday hunts

Rutty

what is everyone’s thoughts on midday hunts? Assuming you have limited time to hunt. Have you guys shot many in the middle of the day.? What dates would you sit all day. Would you pick 11am to 1230 or would you pick 1230 to 2 if you had to pick one?

I would say more like 10-3...I killed my first Iowa buck at 1130...he was hot on a doe on Nov 8th.... every year I always have midday shooters on came from about the 5th thru the 25th....personally from now on any time i hunt it will be all day during this month....you just never know when that big boy is going to be on his feet looking for love

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It is six one half dozen the other on your time choices. Any day from now through the next couple weeks is a good day to sit mid day. If you have to pick just choose one's based on weather like you would for a morning or evening sit. You are just waiting for a buck cruising looking for a hot doe or one chasing a hot doe and many don't care what time of day it is right now.

I saw more bucks at 2pm today that morning and evening

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat a couple days this week. Have to drop the kiddo off and pick him up, so a couple days from 9-3 or so. I did it on Friday and had 3 bucks around 9 to 10 am. Between now and Thanksgiving I think any time in the stand is worth it. Last couple years my bucks I've shot have been between 10-2.

I was in this type of situation for a few years, but could hunt about 10-3. Now getting back to being out for longer sits. I'd say either of those can be good. You just never know. But I've had several times of something (not always a shooter, or even a buck) show up right around lunch time. Some days it's something moving every hour, which is nice.

Top Bottom