Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Midwest Whitetails TV show.

Highmark

PMA Member
Anyone watch the Midwest Whitetails show on the walking Deer shot? They did a great program on the whether or not you should adjust your shot placement based on the shot distance and how alert the deer is and regarding how the deer will react to you string sound. They showed great slow motion video of a deer dropping 8+ inches at about 30 yards making the hunter graze the back of the deer even though the shot placement seemed great. Now while I love deer hunting shows and seeing hunters take great deer most of them seem more than a vacation video of the person harvesting the deer than anything else. I've been bow hunting for 13 years and deer hunting for over 20 and I always appreciate learning more about our sport. This show was outstanding and I will search it out in the future and I hope they repeat this type of program where it is more about how the harvest is done than just a promotion of those doing the hunting. Thumbs up for MWW. :drink2:

Highmark, you can watch the Semi-live version on the web at www.midwestwhitetails.com where each week they bring you up to speed on what the deer are doing in the selected states along with other tips. The footage on TV last nigh was on last years semi live show.

They do a great job.

that was last years...they may have edited some stuff or pulled several weeks together to form that episode on TV...one of the producers could tell you that one??

I can't find last years videos /web shows on the site. You could contact them directly on the site (MW) and see if they have them linked somewhere??

I love shows like that. They provide great information for not only the rookie, but also the old dogs. Nicely done while being entertaining and educational at the same time.

You can watch all the 2008 and 2009 shows...and I'd suggest it, if you think that shot-placement and deer dropping show was good. They have some even better information than that over the past couple of years.
It's easily the best show and it's FREE. The guys are a great bunch with quite a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of filming hunts and putting shows together. It's more than just deer hunting for these guys.

To watch older episodes go to http://midwestwhitetail.com/states/iowa find (in green) where it lists the states across the page. Above Northeast and Michigan there is a button that says videos. Click on that and drop down to Iowa. When the video screen pops up there will be tabs across the top. They are Other Shows, Midwest Whitetail Shows, slide shows, and other videos. Put your pointer over the Midwest White Shows and you can click on 2010, 2009, 2008.

That should keep you busy until the rut :way:

Heard they have moved to television, sure hope they keep kicking out the good stuff on their website because I'm addicted.

Glad everybody likes the show. Bill and Drew did a great job with it. The TV show is completely different then the web based show. The web show is and always will be the bread and butter of midwestwhitetail. The tv shows are not available online and are all designed around a theme. The goal is to be more informative then anything else and use past footage to support the theme.

Remember, there are three stations in the Iowa area. Ottumwa, Sioux Falls and Sioux City all feature the show. I dont know the specifics for all of the stations, but will find out.

Remember, there are three stations in the Iowa area. Ottumwa, Sioux Falls and Sioux City all feature the show. I dont know the specifics for all of the stations, but will find out.

I have not been able to find it on the Sioux City station, but I have been so impressed with the web show and wanted to watch the regular show so badly that I added the Sportsman's Channel to my cable package.
I thank you and Dish Network thanks you! :D

That's a good show on the web,,it's free. They show their mistakes. The shows fron 2009 bring up an old topic. To grunt and stop,,or not. From their perspective,,beyond about 20 yrds,, don't grunt to stop. Ducking,,a problem. Wonder if they cqn duck under that yardage? I don't think they can move as much,,but from my experiences,,they can still move some, before arrow hits. Some of those guys must be pretty high up, because many have just bare faces with a cap on. No face camo.

Top Bottom