Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mike Horkey Shotgun Bucks

horkeymike

Here are the pictures of the two bucks I was lucky enough to get this year during shotgun season. The smaller of the two I shot while doing a drive. Another guy in our group kicked him up and I shot hit at 5 yards while I was pushing through the same piece of timber. I looked at the guy to my right and said holy "beep" he about ran me over!! The heavier nine point I shot on a run at 120 yards with the old smoke pole. He was with seven does and they were in no mood to stick around. I was fortunate enough to make a double lung hit on him. He then ran by another guy in our group and laid down so he put one in him because he was still holding his head up. I was so glad to hear him say "this is your deer man"!!!! I was afraid I was going to hear, I shot him last this is my buck. But he was a stand up guy and knew I made a lethal hit on him.
157shotgun2.jpg

Nice job Mike! Two fine-looking bucks taken at opposite ends of the range scale. So let's see, the average shot was about 62.5 yards?
grin.gif

Threebeards

Top Bottom