Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mineral lick questions

rcb708

Just bought a few trailcams & would like to see what is on the property i hunt but i was wondering if it is legal to place a mineral lick or feed out for this purpose??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, just don't hunt over it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Exactly. Keep them a good distance from any stand and off major trails that lead to your stand. Often times, great lick locations are those areas (seems like we all have them) that you'd love to be able to hunt but there's just no good spot to put a stand there. That way you keep them away from your stand areas and many times the deer know they're safe in those areas so they congregate there. Licks are a GREAT place to get a lot of quality pics.

put the lick in a plastic bucket and remove it well before the season, and there will be no mineral deposit on the ground after a rain, which the deer will lick the dirt around it after it is gone as the rain will wash the mineral into the dirt.

good luck

What kind of mineral lick you going with?? I've heard good things about the trophy rock. I'm planning on using one myself come this summer.

Good luck and post them pics when you get them!!

I put out some deer cane gel & corn on an old stump as well as a trophy rock in another area will go out this weekend & see if i have any pics, will post if i get them.

Top Bottom