Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mineral Site

bushman

What is everyone using for their mineral sites now? I'd like to get a few in this spring and was thinking of using a homemade mix. Anyone have any recipes?

Last edited:
What is everyone using for their mineral sites now? I'd like to get a few in this spring and was thinking of using a homemade mix. Anyone have any recipes?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I've always used 2 parts granulated Trace Mineral Salt, 2 parts regular Mix-n-Salt, and 1 part granulated Dicalcium Phosphate.. use a coffee can for your "parts" and mix it well and then chop into the soil in about a 36 inch circle.. I'm able to get everything at my local feed store.. the di-cal is the most important part of that equation, but the deer won't ingest it without the salts

I have always mixed the salt pellets used for water softners and mix it 50-50 now with cracked corn and slowly start using less and less corn into the summer months. Once mixed I finish it with some buck jam and again mix on the ground and that is it.

Top Bottom