Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

mineral sites?

You can put them in as soon as the ground is thawed enough to dig. Get them in early and let the spring rains disperse the minerals into the soil. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif You can always add to them if you think you need to later in the spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can put them in as soon as the ground is thawed enough to dig. Get them in early and let the spring rains disperse the minerals into the soil. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif You can always add to them if you think you need to later in the spring. </div></div>

What he said! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Actually I put mine out a few weeks ago...I gave up on the digging since the deer "dig" holes big enough to bury a truck in after awhile...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do u use ? </div></div>

Trace mineral salt $7.00

Sheep Mineral $16.00

They love it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, i will give it a try. </div></div>

There are more "mineral mixes" in this thread: Mineral Licks but remember...they are after the salt and any of the mineral componets are pretty much the same in any commercial mineral mix.

Salt is what gets them to eat it...(who wants to eat mineral...yechhh! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif)

I spread mine in right over the snow. When the snow melts, the salt soaks into the dirt. Alot easier than digging.

Whitetail Institute Products are Some of the best products out there. In 1988 they started the food plot revolution.
One of there Products
30-06 Mineral/Vitamin
30-06 is not a gloriried salt lick it is a true nutritional supplement. Deer need salt,but salt does little for antler growth.30-06 and 30-06 plus protein incorporate all of the essential macro and trace minerals needed along with vitamins A,D and E

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DBL,

Do you mix the sheep mineral and the TM salt in a 1 to 1 ratio?

</div></div>

Yes I do but for no "scientific" reason...it's just easy and they lap it up like it's going out of style. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

When I used to milk cows we fed TM salt free choice and mixed mineral mixes (based on testing our feed) with the feed and "force fed" it so to speak.

To be honest I'm not sure deer really need large amounts of mineral or that it will have a significant impact on their health. They did just fine for years before anyone ever dreamed of actually feeding it to them.

Makes me "feel good" though... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom