Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MINERAL TO PUT OUT NOW…

7.5% phosphorus was the most our COOP had.
17f03e51f978b63df33e0146e0b9f2ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where was this?

Our local coop—Cumberland, IA. They have a whole pallet and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HWC
So Theisens had mineral goat blocks with 8% phosphorus.
They also had Sweetlix prime sheep 8% mineral pellets. I ran out of time so I didn't buy anything but the molasses yet. I think the price was 30 bucks for 25lbs.
They also had Stockade 6% phosphorus.

A buddy was at Scheels and text me a pic of Antler King Trophy Deer Mineral. He said it was 8% phosphorus, and 13 dollars for a 20 pound bag. Any reason the Antler king wouldn't be a good way to go?

I have used Antler King Final Feast as an attraction for trail cam pics! The deer and turkey love it !

I’d guess their mineral is good?

Reactions: HWC
So Theisens had mineral goat blocks with 8% phosphorus.
They also had Sweetlix prime sheep 8% mineral pellets. I ran out of time so I didn't buy anything but the molasses yet. I think the price was 30 bucks for 25lbs.
They also had Stockade 6% phosphorus.

A buddy was at Scheels and text me a pic of Antler King Trophy Deer Mineral. He said it was 8% phosphorus, and 13 dollars for a 20 pound bag. Any reason the Antler king wouldn't be a good way to go?
All that is likely fine. If get chance - snap pics of the tags on them & post here. $13 for 20 lbs ain’t bad. If it’s good stuff

All that is likely fine. If get chance - snap pics of the tags on them & post here. $13 for 20 lbs ain’t bad. If it’s good stuff
I just got to Illinois. Will be here until Sunday night watching the Hawkeyes wrestle Illinois Friday and Northwestern Sunday. I'm hoping to get back to Theisens next week and will post the pics. I will have my buddy send a pic of the Scheels tag when we get back also. Googling the stuff either he was wrong on the price or they had a helluva sale.

My adhd is kicking in and I’m not seeing where you guys find your granulated garlic??? How much garlic and molasses are you putting in? What Lb rate of mineral are you putting out at a given location, how many on 100 acres would you run?

Lick in the interior or out on plot edge for easy intrusion free deployment?

My adhd is kicking in and I’m not seeing where you guys find your granulated garlic??? How much garlic and molasses are you putting in? What Lb rate of mineral are you putting out at a given location, how many on 100 acres would you run?

Lick in the interior or out on plot edge for easy intrusion free deployment?
I found the answer to the first question from skips original post…

Just wanted to say “thank you” for this post. I feel like I learned everything I needed to know to do minerals the right way here. I have everything except the sulphur and garlic, put out my first round without it.

I just bought that exact block as an experiment because of this thread. I put it out two weeks ago and just went back to check it yesterday. I didn't put a camera over it but there has certainly been deer nibbling away at the edges. I'd love to hear thoughts from others on the nutritional value but the 8% phos aligns with what has been said so far??

Just wanted to say “thank you” for this post. I feel like I learned everything I needed to know to do minerals the right way here. I have everything except the sulphur and garlic, put out my first round without it.
Agreed. I will start adding garlic in early summer to potentially stave off EHD midges...

Question for smaller property owners/hunters like myself. (1) If this new law passes and you must hunt 200+ yards from a mineral site, is there a way to feed mineral without it leaching into the soil? Would deer eat out of a plastic cattle trough? And (2) if a mineral site is already established, how could one "remove" it? Fill it in? Cover it? I once heard Josh Bowmar (not a fan, but still) say that he covers his feed sites with a pallet and tarp and that made it "legal". Thoughts?

Agreed. I will start adding garlic in early summer to potentially stave off EHD midges...

Question for smaller property owners/hunters like myself. (1) If this new law passes and you must hunt 200+ yards from a mineral site, is there a way to feed mineral without it leaching into the soil? Would deer eat out of a plastic cattle trough? And (2) if a mineral site is already established, how could one "remove" it? Fill it in? Cover it? I once heard Josh Bowmar (not a fan, but still) say that he covers his feed sites with a pallet and tarp and that made it "legal". Thoughts?
Whatever he does, I would do the opposite. The dude has a long history with game laws.

He also sucks at prescribed burning. Lol

Top Bottom