Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minneapolis Moline

doublerack

I'm looking for a starter for a 1954 MM UB 12 volt.
Anyone know anywhere fairly local they can refer to me?
This is for my father in law, so I'm not sure what other details about the tractor I can provide.
Just about any direction on this is appreciated!
Thanks.

Is it a diesel? Or was it converted to 12 volts? I'm not up on my Minne Mo stuff but I think most gas tractors back then were still 6 volt. My Oliver is 12 volts, but it is a diesel, and I do have an extra Oliver diesel starter. Somewhere in my collapsed shed. It may fit, but I doubt it.

Does he have one that isn't working, or does he have a tractor with out a starter? If he has a starter he can take it to some electrical repiar shops and they will re-build it for you. There used to be a shop in Tama. Not sure if there still is or not.

Another clue, if it still has the Delco Remy tag on it you may be able to cross reference it over to the same starter in a different application. Delco Remy supplied all most all of the starters and generators during that era.

The 'Bonker

There is a place in Maquoketa that rebuilds them and Franzen's up there has a lot of old tractor parts. Hey Bonker, you don't have a fuel tank for an Oliver 77 diesel laying around under that heap anywhere do ya?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajadams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a place in Maquoketa that rebuilds them and Franzen's up there has a lot of old tractor parts. Hey Bonker, you don't have a fuel tank for an Oliver 77 diesel laying around under that heap anywhere do ya? </div></div>

Nope. A 77 gas should work. Only difference that I know of between the two is the diesel has a little water sump built into the bottom with a petcock that always leaks. The little glass bowel under the diesel tank also has an extra little filter in it. Most of those got tossed.

If the tractor is gonna be used for work go with the gas tank. If it is gonna be for show......good luck. There weren't that may 77 diesels made. In fact didn't thy need a different side curtain to clear the injector pump on the left side? I know the 66 did.

The 'Bonker

You can try this place in ND.

I would almost bet he would have what you are looking for.

It is the biggest salvage yard I have ever seen.

We have always been able to get our old farm machinery parts from him.

Not sure what the shipping will be, but I am sure he has it.

Just an option from a ND boy!!!

http://www.petestractor.com/

Top Bottom