Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota bound.

vman

Almost to the cabin. I haven't been to Minnesota fishing for about five years. Feels good. Hopefully the fish are bittin.

HA! We are headed up there today too, where you staying?

Good luck!

Good luck

Good luck, fish are biting on most lakes, depends on what you want to fish for though...northerns are very active, bass of course, panfish near the weed edges, especially in the evening. Walleyes, it all relates to the lake, but I talked to some guys that picked up some nice walleyes yesterday trolling crankbaits.

I hear the bottle bass are very active as well! Taking my doughter for the first time. Should be able to get into the sunny's at least for her.

Are you able to buy a fish license yet? I heard anything to do w/ the Minn. state outdoors is shut down.

My wife and I just got back from MN. It was free fishing week for us. We got in at midnight last thurs., frid morn we went to get licences but were told they couldn't sell us any. We didn't drive 350 miles to look at the lake so we fished anyway hoping that a CO would have common sense and use it if we were stopped. We never had to find out and had a good week of fishing for sm. bass and walleye.

Good luck and have fun.

Never broke a game law in my life. Let's just say fishing on the state of mm is nice

I was told yesterday but a MN resident that you cant buy fishing licenses right now due to the government shutting down.

yes you cant buy a license but if stopped by a warden you will be issued a warning and then you have 7 days to buy a license after you can purchase them again.. also all state campgrounds are closed, boat ramps aren't being maintained and rest areas are closed.. talk about a huge revenue loss during the holiday weekend..

Park rapids area.

Ha.. lots of good memories in PR... I have some friends that own cabins up there and a bunch of us would go up around new years and go 4 wheeling and ice fishing... not unusual to crack a beer at 5 am..haha

Even got my personalized PR hat on!
n500039608_917828_1268.jpg

this pic is probably from 6 or 7 yrs ago, but, you get the point.... haha

Cheers! :drink1: good luck on the water!

MN

yes you cant buy a license but if stopped by a warden you will be issued a warning and then you have 7 days to buy a license after you can purchase them again.. also all state campgrounds are closed, boat ramps aren't being maintained and rest areas are closed.. talk about a huge revenue loss during the holiday weekend..

It is an absolute joke, personally I am in the private sector so it doesn't affect me much, but really c'mon you can't come to an agreement on a state budget. The liberals want to raise taxes and we are already one of the highest taxed state in the nation. Governor Dayton (Dem) is simply not qualified, my 10 year old does a better job of speaking in front of an audience then Dayton, it is embarrassing.

Top Bottom