Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missed

Meat Hunter

Life Member
On halloween from my favorite tree I missed a very nice buck. As some of you know halloween is my best time to hunt.
I seen 9 bucks from my stand on this day, at 10 am I had a shooter come in at 20 yards and bounced an arrow off the top of his back, he was tense because I knocked my fanny pack off my stand as I was getting ready to leave.
Well to get to the point, I shot high and thought he jumped my string. So tonight when I got home from work I thought I would shoot my bow. To my amazement I could not get my bow to full draw. Ifound a screw from the cam had worked its way loose. So tried to put back in and found my cam was cracked all the way through and I start vacation in 4 days.
I am going to try to get it fixed but also trying to find a different bow to use. I may just give up and call it a season and wait for muzzy season.
Good luck to all and Congrats to everyone who has killed one.

Robin,

Swing by Iowa City. I have a bowtech old glory that is all set up and ready to kill. It is my ole man and I's back up. Unfortunately I will be in Lacrosse WI all of Wednesday but I will be home in the evening if you want to stop by and pick it up. I believe 29 inch draw, right handed, 70lbs. I wouldn't worry about the big buck, you will find another.

I will also be heading down to Columbus Junction Thursday morning to hunt if that is easier for yah.

Mike

I've heard of Scheels letting people use a used bow while they fix the one in shop before. That was a few years ago when I worked there but there are options if you look. Good luck, season is far from over and you have options if need be. Heck, I'd let ya borrow mine if ya needed.

Top Bottom