Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missfire

IowaBucks44

IowaBucks44
hey guys, this last week my girlfriends brother had borrowed my slug gun, a single shot H&R twenty gauge slug gun, he told me he went to shoot a coyote in their cattle pasture and when he pulled the trigger all he heard was a small sound, like a bb gun going off he said, and when he ejected the shell the shell was kind of smoking and melted, didnt look like a normal shotgun shell would look like after being fired, and the slug was stuck in the barrel about four or five inches, ive looked the gun over, cant see any buldging or anything out of normal, and the inside of the barrle looks fine, but is the gun safe to shoot or should it be looked at by a gun smith? jw on my situation and hopeing the gun is fine to shoot, since the up coming shotgun season is upon us, any information would be great, thanks!

Sounds like the shell was very old or been wet sometime. Those h&r's are pretty tough. Remove slug from barrel, gun should be safe............ck

Definitely the shell. See this all the time when shooting skeet and trap. Guys will reload their hulls 4-5 times and they eventually don't fire. Make sure the barrel is clean and fire away.

Top Bottom