Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missing Deer Head

G6

I just went out to check on my deer head that I had laying under the hedges out in back of the house and it's gone. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif I had put it under there and was letting the bugs ect. clean the brains out of it previously. There was nothing left on the skull or in the brain cavity the last time I checked but left it out there because I didn't want it to stink up the garage. It could be seen from the high school bus barn parking area if a person was snooping. I'm almost sure no animal drug it off since it had nothing to offer but bone to chew on and there are no dogs running loose here. There was a tag stuck on the tine but not sure if you could read it yet.

If by some chance any of you run across someone with it please let me know since it's one of a kind and won't be hard to remember if you do see it. Here's some pics of it, I'd like to have it back. By the way this is in Maquoketa.
2007_Muzzleloader_Buck_032.jpg
2007_Muzzleloader_Buck_018.jpg

That sucks! I'll keep an eye open for you. Also make sure you are at the antler auction in Dubuque next year. It might surface there.

Its happening everywhere, we just had our hunt shack broke into and they ONLY took the 2 mounts that were in there, left the 35" TV and Stereo.

I'll have the nephew keep his ears/eyes open Brillo. That should be an easy one to spot. That sucks.

Thanks Rudd, I may be jumping the gun but I doubt it, I just don't see any animal dragging it off in town. I'm going to go look around better this morning when it's lighter out. Some of the neighbors already know I hunt so if it shows up in their yard I think they would let me know. I will be going to the antler auction this year if I don't find it Shrek. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Maquoketa or Bellevue? Did you move? I'll tell a few of my buddies from back home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maquoketa or Bellevue? Did you move? I'll tell a few of my buddies from back home. </div></div> We moved to Maquoketa back the end of May, we're living right by the High School bus barn on the end of Celia Dr. Nice and private in the back yard that's why I put the deer head back there. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif If someone did steal it I'm sure the word will get around I'm pissed and it will probably disappear.

Bummer for sure Mark. I'll let my dad know as well. Maybe someone coming into his archery shop will have heard/seen something. Next time you want to hang one let me know, we can wire it up in the apple tree in my parents back yard. Enough bugs in there to carry away an elephant and the angry shorthair chained up underneath it is a great insurance policy.

Thanks Muddy. Just went out and walked the perimeter of the yards and there are fences and hedges that would prevent an animal from taking it very far except out front where all the neighbors could see. Most animals will drag it to the nearest place of concealment to chew on something. I'm now convinced it was stolen. I pitty anyone that ever comes into my house to steal something because they won't be leaving until the coroner arrives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pandy175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in Maq.. I will keep my ears open, father-in-law works for the school. </div></div> Thanks I appreciate it.

Hope you get it back Mark, I had a couple in a bird pen at my Mothers house and some joker got them. She lives out in the middle of no where, not sure how they knew they were there either. Actually I hope you get to take a little bit of frustration out on the squid who took it!

Chris

Sorry to hear about the rack, I hunt maquoketa but don't know too many people. I'll keep my ears and eyes open. From past experience, I would start with talking to the neighborhood kids, maybe offer a couple dollars if they hear anything.

You must live in the same cul-de-sac as Dennis and Joy Eichhorn. Dennis is a deer hunter and about as honest as they come, put the bug in his ear and I'm sure he'd let you know if he heard anything.

And if Denny knows who did it he could sic the 3 boys on the culprit... he'd be a in a WORLD of pain then.

Dang G6 that really sucks. I was just wondering how you have been the other day. Havent heard from you in a while. Hope you find it.

Top Bottom