Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mission bows

cwhite

Anyone have any opinions on these?

I was all set to buy a Mathews, but after shooting the Mission bows I think I'm goint to go with one of them.

Apparently they are manufactured by Mathews and have the same warranty, customer service, etc., just priced lower.

I'm having trouble justifying buying a new Mathews when I get a new Mission and not tell the difference except for the extra $$ that will still be in my pocket.

Any opinions out there? Thanks much.

I've shot all of them, and personally I like the X3 the best and its the cheapest. The Journey has the same specs as the Switchback XT and its a nice shooter as well. I shot the Mathews DXT the best out of all of them so that's what I bought, but if that wasn't the case I would have a Mission X3.

The Mission bows dont have harmonic dampeners and only the Buckmasters has the slide wheels. They also only go to 29.5 draw length. Those about the only difference I can tell. There a little heavier and slower in general but only in a slight amount.

But for difference in prices. Go to a dealer thats got both. Take the bows and shoot them with your eyes closed. Figure out if the difference in the Mathews is worth the extra $150.

The X3 really REALLY looks like the Older Mathews Black Max with out the radical cam.

Dean

PS funny part is as I starting this thread Mathews TV came on. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ended up going with a new Journey last night. I'm amazed how quickly I was shooting tight groups at 40 yards. 20 minutes with this bow and I'm already more accurate than with my old bow (10 year old Jennings Buckmaster). It's amazing the technology changes the new bows in just 10 years.

Thanks to those for your input!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...looks like the Older Mathews... </div></div>

What's interesting to me is the "older" Mathews bows are what made them the #1 selling bow. The newer models are the ones that have been abandoned. Mission Archery is Mathews way of saying we goofed without having to say it. But if they did it would sound something like this.

"Our Mission is to win back the loyal shooters we lost".

Sometimes less is more. My .02

Interesting that you would bring up the subject of the Mission bows. Mathews donated one of these to our youth mentoring program (Bullseye Adventures) at Wildwood Hills Ranch. It is the X4. We got it last week, and went to Happy Apple Archery to get some accessories and get it set up. My young man, Roy, did very well with it, and even though he had never shot an adult bow, he was shooting nice small groups within minutes. I'm not a bow expert at all, but it sure is a quiet and light bow that really zips an arrow. His bow is currently set just under 45 pounds, and it really impressed me. I do want to express my gratitude to Mathews for their generosity.

Top Bottom