Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

misty rainy day sits

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
Tonight is only time I will have time to hunt till next week and was wondering if today would be worth sitting in stand. My stand location is on a ridge that has at least 8 scrapes in a 40 yd range and multiple rubs around. It is on a funnel point between the thick bedding timber and just a normal timber. On the edge of a corn field that has been partly picked. I'm hoping that this colder rainy weather might have them up and moving from the bedding timber to the other timber to get acrons and maybe chasing does. Only issue that I have is idk if I wanna be miserable if it starts to rain too much and soaks threw my clothes and idk if the free will be up and moving. Any tips???

I'm planning to take our neighbor's boy out with me tonight. Hoping it doesn't get worse than a mist...

I'd be out if I could. Last year I had a shot at a buck just after the rain stopped one morning. Unfortunately my arrow did not cooperate. Going to look into heat seeking arrows.

Sounds like a good setup to me. I killed my best buck on one of the crappiest days I've ever hunted. Rain had me completely soaked through and I was cold and totally miserable. I remember that perseverance every time I think about staying indoors and the payoff that happened on that day. Obviously you want to hunt. I say go for it! Good luck!

Deer live outside every day, a little rain won't slow them down and often gets them moving. A downpour is different as it hampers their senses but right after a heavy rain is great.

Get some rain gear. No reason you should get too wet.

Top Bottom