Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MK-85 Price

mole

Anyone know what a MK-85 would cost. I have a guy at work that wants to sell me one and the server is blocking all the gun sites. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

It has a blued barrel, 50 cal, with a camo stock. I have yet to take a good look at it, but it looks like it could have a little rust frond the breech plug.

mole

The MK's are the very first line of muzzleloaders that Knight put out... Personally I wouldn't buy one because they run off the percussion cap and you can't upgrade certain models of them. If you do upgrade they are a GIGANTIC pain in the arse to get the primer in and out of.

I say all this because I owned one. It misfired a lot so I was very happy to give it up and get a Disc Extreme. My opinion is to pass on it because for what newer muzzy's cost you can get a primer ignition for a reasonable price anywhere else.

Thanks muddy. The guy wants a $100 bucks. I'm sure it worth at least that, but I don't want to get into a headache. I was planning on having my kids use this one, so I can get mine back. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Although my 8 year old killed a bigger one than his old man this year with it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

mole

I do know a guy that shot big deer with his every year and his was a tack driver........ although... why give yourself the headache when u could by a usable gun with 209 for 150 bucks??

I still use an mk85. It was always a guessing game on if it would shoot when it had the caps. I upgraded it to a 209 a few years back and its a completely different gun. I would, however, agree with the others, unless this gun comes set up with a good scope, Id put the hundred bucks towards a package deal with a scope and already outfitted with a 209.

Top Bottom