Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ML Question

Casper16k

From my understanding, In WI we can have a 1x scope for the late season ML season. Im thinking about buying a ML barrel for my Pro Hunter. I was just wondering what you guys think a range for an ethical shot with a 1x scope would be.

You will really have to make that decision once you look through the scope. If you can still get a good view of the vitals, I would say 100 yards would be a good range to set at.

I think a 1X scope gets you maybe 10 or 20 yards further than what you would shoot with open sights. All depends on how practice at the range works out for you.

Someone otta change that law.

If they want to keep it a traditional ML hunt then ban the inlines too. Wisconsin.....................jeeshhhh

I put a Holosight on my muzzy and it's pretty much a 1x in my mind although it may be considered zero magnification. The key is a low MOI, I.E. a small dot. Otherwise it covers up the body too much. If a traditional scope, look for one with fine crosshairs and you should be able to shoot out to 100. Get too large and it's very difficult to shoot to that range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put a Holosight on my muzzy and it's pretty much a 1x in my mind although it may be considered zero magnification. The key is a low MOI, I.E. a small dot. Otherwise it covers up the body too much. If a traditional scope, look for one with fine crosshairs and you should be able to shoot out to 100. Get too large and it's very difficult to shoot to that range.</div></div>

this is where its at.

Top Bottom