Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MN Style Coyote

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey all,

Over the last 5 years I have learned that if you can call coyotes in succesfully your way ahead of most of the local population that trys. Most coyotes that get killed in my area are snared or ran with hounds. I know quite a few people that call alot and maybe kill 1 or 2 a year. Its tough up here with the large chunks of woods and the farely flat terrain. Two weekends ago a buddy and I went out for the first trip of the year. A triple right off the bat...Well that ended poorly. Last weekend I was on-call for work. So yesterday the same friend, land owner and I went out. 5 to 8 min of calling and I glanced off behind us and low and behold this guy was standing 125yards downwind looking behind him on the otherside of the rise. Whirled around and let my .223 bark. Done deal. Tried to get some in the field pics and I had forgot the battery pack for my camera in the charger at home /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
coyote1.JPG

Dean

hoofline.gif

Nice coyote, I have always liked calling them. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

Nice work dude...there are WAY too many of those things up here. Where are you at in MN? Maybe I could join you.

Im in Cass County. About 3hours from the Twin Cities.

Ever since I shot this one now everyone wants me to take them. Told my father I would take him first. Worst part it I dont know how many more times I will get out:( I have to work 2 weekends in Feb, and have a out of town trip on another.

Dean

Top Bottom