Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MN Tom

Stump Shooter

Turkey hunting this year was kind a tough one. The birds are still henned up pretty good due to the cold/windy/rainy weather we've had and would only gobble on roost and then for about another 45min -1 hr while on the ground. Tough to locate birds mid-day when they don't gobble. At least for me. ha, ha Shot this one this morning at 6:15. 10" Beard, 3/4 and 7/8" spurs and weighed 19.5 lbs. He was really beat up. Even missing all the feathers on his side from fighting I would guess. NWTF Score: 55.75

DSC01064.jpg

It was a tough one. I always hunt season E and never had birds henned up like they were. I was out of my element without knowing how to hunt henned up birds. ha, ha I'm a run 'n gun turkey hunter and am kind of lost if they don't gobble. Luckily I caught one this morning that wasn't with hens and actually came into the calls.

I think you got lucky that you were hunting season E. I hunted C and it was bad. My blizzard pics are on here somewhere. Where were you hunting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great bird from up north! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bushman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you got lucky that you were hunting season E. I hunted C and it was bad. My blizzard pics are on here somewhere. Where were you hunting? </div></div>

Around the Henderson area.

Top Bottom