Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MO-Antlertips NE Archery Turkey

Limb Chicken

MO-Antlertips just emailed me an writes.

Limb,

Please enjoy attached photos of adult bird taken at 7 yards with Mathews bow from Double Bull blind. Taken in Nebraska on day 2 of Neb archery season. Feel free to post a pic on the longbeard forum!

Sitting next to me in the blind was Ken Toms, aka "Trpr"

Thanks,
MO-Antlertips

26MoAntlertips.jpg

Congrats!
waytogo.gif

GPS Coordinates will be available soon!
evil.gif

Had my chance with Mo- Missed my first bird after he spooked and headed the opposite direction. Second bird I had a moving 20 yard shot and hesitated taking the shot hoping for a move closer to the decoys. The mature gobbler did not want to have anything to do with the decoys. Lost the opportunity. Mo Antlertips and I were covered up in birds for two days. Was able to get some great video. Had a great time but came away empty handed after the two day hunt. Still plenty of time left though before the Iowa season starts. I have seen a few turkey shot over the years but the one Mo shot with the montec broadhead went down instantly and was dead within 15 seconds. He made a great shot on a nice bird. The bird came in on a dead strut headed straight for the jake decoy and he never missed a beat until Mo dropped him in his tracks at seven yards. What a great time!! Way to go Mo!!
Trper
busted.gif

Sounds very exciting. Congrats on the tom and good luck the rest of the way.
hoho.gif

That looks like a helluva nice tom. What did he way? Still waiting for those coordinates.
grin.gif

I' m not sure what he would weigh, probably 19-20ish pounds range. Most likely a two year old with 3/4 in spurs and 9.5 inch beard.

The update on this is that I went back and missed another one in almost the exact same spot last Thursday morning, so I have found a "honey hole" for sure.

Oh, and those GPS coordinates, are:
______and ________(ha-ha)

MO
grin.gif

And here are the pictures... It appears as though muddy has some competition...
grin.gif

26Mo2.jpg

OUCH!
26eye.jpg
<font color="red"> </font>

Congrats. on the great hunt MO, I think you've got everybodies fire started!

The first bird was about 7-8 yards away. The second was around 12 yards. I was aiming at the neck/waddle area and hit a little high. Not much of a tracking job...that's for sure!

What really surprised me was the lack of "pass through" when the 100 grain Montec hit the skull. The broadhead was a tad dull, but I still would have guessed the entire arrow would have went threw like a knife in hot butter.

It's off to Iowa next to hunt with Trpr...Best of luck to other Iowawhitetailers chasing spring gobblers!

MO

Congratulations MO-Antlertips. Glad that you had a great season in NE. Keep up the good shooting !! This Turkey hunting is pretty hard to beat !

Top Bottom