Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

moleson......

G

GunnerJon

Was just wondering how your season went? I know you shot a few does....but was just wondering how many and if you got a crack at a nice buck during the late muzzleloader season. I shot 2 does this year. One for early season muzzleloader with the landowners and one for a late season muzzleloader. No bucks this year.....but there will always be next year. There are a few big ones around our neighborhood......I saw a few during slug season, but didn't connect on one....none within range. Hopefully the poachers won't get them. Did you see any more turkeys? I am getting geared up for turkey season now that deer season is over..... Lemme know how you did.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

GunnerJon,
Had a pretty good year. I shot 3 does with bow, love those antlerless tags. I also shot a 120-125" 8 point during late season, still working on the pictures. He was the only "decent' buck I had a shot at all year. I saw one big one at the start of bow season, but never again. The turkey numbers are rising. The biggest group I've seen was 16. I'm ready for the season, it finally looks good around here for some longbeards.
Stop by sometime and we can talk some more. Either in Newton or out at the farm. By the way how is your grandmother doing? I pray all will be o.k.

-moleson

moleson
Good to hear you did well with all your tags. Good job on that buck,too! Can't wait to see some pics! Thanks for the concerns with my grandma as well. The last I heard she was still going through some tests to figure out exactly was is wrong. It looks like surgery is in the near future, but we will have to see. I was over at the timber a few days ago (before heading back up to college) and I thought I saw your truck, but it ended up being someone else. I am sure I will run into you one of these days that I am at home so we can talk deer/turkey. By the way, did you hunt turkeys last spring on George's? My dad has been saying he sees turkeys nearly every day over there in that neighborhood. Talk to ya later.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Top Bottom