Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

monsters in monona county

tph

just wondering how much if any thing you guys have heard about the monster bucks taken in monona county first season shotgun? i know of at least 2 that will score close to the 190" mark and 3 more that will be over 160" (i know the hunters and have text pcs) but i was just curious if the word has spread?

I bow hunted Monona this year. A couple 190's is huge, but I don't think 160's is really all that rare to become big news.

Yeah I have seen two of the deer from down there a friend of mine knows the guys that hunt downt there the one will go like 196 typical and the other one I saw will go in the 180s for sure.

The one I have a pic of is 196 he said and the other one is close to 180 ill try to get pics up soon there off my phone.

would this by any chance be on the dreamdirt farm/whitetail properties listings? as I know those guys got a couple of big ones this year.

Last edited:
as far as the ones im talking about, the one was taken by timber ridge, the other was private land that is not for sale.

I bet the guys who hunted in that group wouldn't be too thrilled to have their pics and locations posted on the internet.....just a thought.

as far as i have read no names or pics have been put on here????
as far as location? it would probably have to be a little more specific to even come close to the place they were shot. the one big one was shot by a hunter in a group of 20+ people! i dont think they try to keep anything a secret.

here are the 2 i know about, there are more big ones but i think these are the best 2. i will not say who they are or where there from
picture.php

Haven't heard of any huge ones from shotgun, but I did just hear about a 230 shot just north of Missouri Valley with bow in November. And no, its not the same 230 taken down by Silver City/Malvern.

TPH...I saw a different picture of the first buck you posted earlier. Told it was 226...thick and long tines!

what i heard areoud here is the buck in the first pic was like 194 or 196??? something like that.

Top Bottom