Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Montec TEKAN Broadhead

I'm not goin there Rudd. I spent too much last year swapping over to the Montec's, but man, they do look like something I'd like to try out. I think you should try a set Rudd, just tell the wifey they were free from IW for a product review.
grin.gif

CRITR

I still have them on order Rudd, I think they nust be behind on orders, or waiting to see how many pre orders they are going to have.

They will definately be in my quiver this fall.
waytogo.gif

Gonna be tough to put away the jak hammers but I have to try these.

Limb, is there a minumum pound draw on these? I shoot 63lbs and want these babies to do what they are intended to do.

What is your arrow weight? Given the cutting diameter I am guessing you will be fine but let me calculate your KE first.

426huntarw.jpg

353 gr, 4" feathers, Carbon Express 3d Selects, 100 grain field tips, 29.91" in length, pulling 61 lbs. Thanks for calculating Limb.

I mentioned the Tekans to the owner of the bow shop here in Springmo and he said WAIT! I asked him what was up and he said he won't sell them yet due to a glitch he noticed when he was with the G5 rep. I asked him what the deal was with them but he wouldn't say. All he said was, the rep said,"you weren't supposed to see that". He sells the Montecs like crazy but not the Tekans.
confused.gif

Glad you said that Rack,as I was going to wait until others had tried them first.New product you just never know.Hopefully they work as good as they look though.......

shot those TEKANS yesterday in my fantastic new bow. absolutely junk is what they are. i shoot the easton carbonaeros at 60 pound draw weight and the broadhead bent around the center and broke to blades off on a cheap styrofoam target about 3 inches thick with a hay bail behind it. me personally i would't give a penny for 50 of the TEKANS. look great but there junk! just my 2 cents!
smirk.gif

I talked with a local shop yesterday, they said they talked to the Montec rep, and was told that they only come in like 175 and 150 grain weights? Does that sound right?

Well, hopefully the new expandables won't dirty their name any. Even though I've only shot their Montec's for a year, I've had good luck with them. Regardless, any broadhead that costs ten bucks shouldn't break apart on a foam target with a hay bale backstop.
CRITR

[ QUOTE ]
I talked with a local shop yesterday, they said they talked to the Montec rep, and was told that they only come in like 175 and 150 grain weights? Does that sound right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the same thing super, did he say something about them being for the traditional shooters? I thought that's what I heard. Course, I could be wrong
smirk.gif
, naw.

The order that I placed is for the Montec Tekans. This is what the rep said. I know the web site says different, ??????????????

When I was up at the QDMA nationals a couple of weeks ago, the Montec rep didn't even have them on his booth. I would've asked but he was never even at his booth.

I know in the cabelas catalog it shows they come in 100gr??????? I was about to order them even though I don't like expandables. Apparently look good, but don't shoot very good.

I like to hear someone else's opinion on them if anyone else has seen or shot them.

BT

Top Bottom