Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

moose on the loose.

papajess

Since there is a moose running around the Linn county area and since they are not native to Iowa can you shoot that if it walks by me?

Shooting a moose or elk in Iowa is a BIG no-no, I really hope that there isn't a news report in the next few days where some numbskull whacks it.

I saw the latest report on the news last night, I know right where the latest spotting occurred. That is near where I grew up and I had some friends that lived very close to where the gentleman saw the moose yesterday. I think it would be a real treat to see one trotting across a cornfield.

How come I can shoot a mountain lion or wild hog on my land but not a moose that's not native to my land.

How come I can shoot a mountain lion or wild hog on my land but not a moose that's not native to my land.

Check out this link http://www.extension.iastate.edu/publications/ian601.pdf

Page 20, Moose where once native to Iowa. As are mountain lions and elk, as to why one is protected and one is not well...... livestock come to mind and over the years we see far more confirmed moose sightings in Iowa then confirmed mountain lions sightings.

I think it would be a real treat to see one trotting across a cornfield.

Our first hour out of the truck on our Saskatchewan shed hunting trip last spring I got to see a full grown shed bull moose trot across a cut field! It was an amazing sight to see for an Iowa boy that's for sure! To bad they aren't legal here because I also learned on that trip that moose are DELICIOUS! :D

Go ahead and shoot it and receive Moosehead beer for life stuffed in your mailbox.

Friends girlfriend worked right next to where it was sighted, she saw it running across the field, they thought it was a horse. Evidently they think it has some worm in its brain causing it to lose sense of direction.

Somebody will probably shoot it, they just better not tell anyone..

Top Bottom