Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More Arrow Questions

H

hershy

...looking at my options for nest year's arrows in the Cabela's Archery Catalog I have noticed carbon arrows with inserts and those with outserts...is one better than the other?...in the low-end Cabela Brands besides the attachment style it looks as if the outsert style has better uniformity range than the insert model...anything I should know about the two types?...will they fly the same?...are the outserts thinner?...I am shooting a Jennings Buckmaster at 60#...
newbie.gif

if you do any 3D shooting get the insert ones. outserts will make it very difficult to pull from a 3D. i think that the majority of people these days shoot insert types.

I agree the outserts create a problem with pulling the arrow from a 3D target. I shoot with about a quarter inch of clearance to my rest, depending on how long the outsert is I found it can create a problem with my rest. If your looking for a stiff spined small diameter arrow and are willing to pay a little more Easton A/C/C's are tops in my book. Good Luck

If you are going to be shooting any 3D tournaments you first need to decide what class that you are going to shoot in. Some classes require you to have inserts with screw-in field points, and some classes you can use glue in pig points/speed points. For 3D's I use Carbon Express CXL Select 250's, with glue in speed points, 3" vanes, and of course Iowawhitetail.com arrow wraps. They are light, fat, fast, line cutting arrows. For target I use Easton 2612's with speed points 4" feathers and Onecams wraps. They are heavier, and fatter to squeeze the lines. Also Easton has for next year a few new arrows, the FatShaft arrow, and a new insert system that goes inside your arrow and you screw the tip right to the arrow shaft. Go to your local pro shop, they will have the best selection, and will be able to help you with your decisions. Also they won't break one off in you if you need to get them put together, like they might if you did'nt buy them there. Good Luck.

Top Bottom