Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More early season frustrations

nginth

I want tell you about an experience I had the first day of bow season. I had a little run in on some ground that I hunt down in Madison county with some youth season hunters. It seems there dad felt it neccesary to drive deer to his two sons in his white pick-up through the timber with his windows down and the Genisis blaring. I understant the importance of having a youth season but wasnt it intended to get the youth out there early so they could get a good chance at deer early in the year when they can be easily patterned? I think turning the timber into an early all out deer drive defeats the true purpose of why that season is in place. Dont get me wrong I think its important to take your kids and get them involved but should pratices like that be tolerated?
wall.gif

If I remember right the adult has to be with them during the hunt. If this father is teaching his kids to break the hunting laws now what will the three of them be doing in five years from now. It won’t be safe to hunt the same woods with them. Should have turned them in..

i had tons of frustrations, one the heat, another the bugs, guys walking through the woods i hunt everyday, people hunting right by me, and anything else you could imagine, but i dont let it bother me, happens every year!! oh yeah and not too mention a guy peeing in the creek right in front of me and not knowing i was there
wall.gif

9Point,
First of all, let me congradulate you on having enough self-control to not flip out on the father and give the kids a bad hunting experience.
Secondly, what the heck was this guy thinking? Doesn't sound even remotely legal if you ask me, and what exactly is he trying to teach his kids?
It's pretty sad to hear something like this, but the fact of the matter is that a-lot of gun hunters actually hunt with these kinds of practices. Now I guess I can see how it gets passed on from generation to generation. That's too bad because ethical hunters get thrown into the same "hunter" pot as un-ethical hunters do, and when the public eye see's something they don't like, everyone suffer's from it.
Maybe you should offer to take those kids up in a tree-stand for a day and show them what hunting is really all about.
CRITR

9 point, and I have hunted together several times now and this kind of stuff happens to us from time to time. It is just a shame that the guy has to introduce his kids to hunting in this way. Who does deer drives with a pick up? Someone who is breaking the law. It is too bad that these kid's first hunting experience has to be tarnished by having a fool teach them in this fashion. Hopefully somewhere along the line someone with some ethics, and law abiding ways in them will get the oppurtunity to take these kids out hunting.

1-800-532-2020 tip hot line. I'm keeping my eyes peeled this year for anything that looks suspicious or is just plain illegal. With the Albia buck story, the illegal activity will more than likely be high.

Youth season, one adult and one youth. The pair must stay together and that should eliminate drives. What are some people thinking? You should report the Guy and at least the kids will witness the consequences of bad choices. In the long run that would be best for the kids. I have three children and for a period of time I had to schedule which one would be out youth hunting on a given day. That’s just the way it is.
lynchstill.gif

Top Bottom