Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More high fence TV shows than ever

iowabucks

It seems to happen more and more often. I am watching a hunting show on the Outdoor Channel (for instance), and the hunter shoots an absolute pig. So much so that you think that there is no way that is a free ranging deer. Around the 200" range. So i watch the show long enough to see where they are hunting and check the outfitters website. Almost always i find that this is a high fence operation, or hunting preserve, whatever they want to call it. But they make no mention of it being high fence in the tv show.

Has it always been like this, or has there been alot more of these shows recently?

I spoke a few years ago with a guy that is a camera operator. He told me if you see a dec. or later hunt in Texas that its 90% high fence. Its coming down the end of the year and they need to put another deer kill on film.
I dont like watching whitetail hunts anywhere except from the Midwest. Call me partial to the area I guess.

I dont like watching whitetail hunts anywhere except from the Midwest

same here man

even if they arent high fence hunts in Texas they drive to a blind that has directv and a/c with a feeder that releases food the same time every day on a cleared road and shoot the buck from 100 yards with a highpower

same here man

even if they arent high fence hunts in Texas they drive to a blind that has directv and a/c with a feeder that releases food the same time every day on a cleared road and shoot the buck from 100 yards with a highpower

Hey c'mon man! That's challenging! :D

Top Bottom