Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More impressive

CurtisWalker

Went down to the classic yesterday and was rely surprised by the Falck Buck. Is it just me or does anybody else find the Falck Buck more impressive than the Franz Buck?

Both are awesome animals. My favorite was the Franz. I love tall, tight, massive racks and that one was just jaw dropping for my personal likings. Was really surprised how much that buck grew in a year. Did anyone else see the sheds?

All in all there were a lot of great bucks brought in. Maybe not as many as years past, but the quality certainly was there. Especially impressed with all the deer in the youth category.

They take good pics at Trophy pursuit/franz. I thought that deer looked huge, not as impressive in person. Nice deer but I thought would be a "wow"

They take good pics at Trophy pursuit/franz. I thought that deer looked huge, not as impressive in person. Nice deer but I thought would be a "wow"

Any buck that has a 13" inside spread and still scores 260 is a wow... what more do ya want!?

I took the pictures. No crazy angles or anything. The deer is flat out awesome. 221in typical frame, gross 261...yeah just the pics made it look big ;) I took about 250 pics.....would've loved to take more but the rain started coming down too hard.

I thought that mount looked amazing Brian. I wouldn't have been surprised if it blinked while I was looking at it.

The falck buck was no slouch either. I'd love just to have the opportunity to hunt a deer of that caliber in my lifetime.

How many replicas of the Franz Bucm were at the classic? I think I saw 3 lol. Massive Deer!!!

Last edited:
How many replicas were at the classic of the Franz buck? I think I saw 3 lol. Massive Deer!!!

I believe there were 2 replicas and then the original which was entered into the big buck contest. Brian, you did amazing on that mount....looked like it was going to walk out of the wall!

I believe there were 2 replicas and then the original which was entered into the big buck contest. Brian, you did amazing on that mount....looked like it was going to walk out of the wall!

How much does a replica like that cost?? Lol lots of bone!!!

Not as expensive as one would think. Dwilk will have to explain in more detail but less than 1,000 for rack replica then pay for the mount of it. Now there will forever be a mold if it is ever stolen/damaged in a fire, etc.

I figured it would cost way more!!!!!

Seeing all of those massive deer at the classic, Franz and falck bucks and many more, then coming home and looking at my 150's on the wall. Lol makes me laugh that I think 150 is big :)

Last edited:
Seeing all of those massive deer at the classic, Franz and falck bucks and many more, then coming home and looking at my 150's on the wall. Lol makes me laugh that I think 150 is big :)

Those deer make 180s look small!

How much does a replica like that cost?? Lol lots of bone!!!

Ive got a buddy having a couple done and hes talked to a lot of different people and it seems like the guys that specifically do this, the really good and well known guys charge about $5 per scorable inch for the mold and first replica then another $3-500 for every other replica made with the mold... now that is a completely painted/stained rack to look just like the original might be a bit cheaper if its just the raw unfinished replica.

I took the pictures. No crazy angles or anything. The deer is flat out awesome. 221in typical frame, gross 261...yeah just the pics made it look big ;) I took about 250 pics.....would've loved to take more but the rain started coming down too hard.

I never said it wasn't a nice deer. I was just stating that I read name on board before realizing that was it. Maybe was all the big deer around it or maybe just avoiding the traffic. I was just expecting to see it and say wow that's it.

Top Bottom