Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More like Summer:

loneranger

Weather Pattern for this week and next looking more like Summer. Heat building,,Active Jet Stream up north Canadian Border. Chances for precip scant. Hope everyone got moisture they needed Sat. I know some did not. Most did. All my stuff is just in the ripening stage now so really don't need a lot of moisture,,except of coarse Brassica,, but think plenty enough for that. Warm temps will make it grow!

I like your weather reports. Do you farm ag crops too? I agree the forecast looks pretty dry and warm.

Thanks,,,No I do not farm crops but I know farmers like a dry down in the fall. Not sure if beans need anymore water? Believe it or not some areas did not get a deluge Sat night,,like Ottumwa-quarter of an inch,,Waterloo,,quarter,,Lamoni-half inch. I just have a garden and a lot of pear and apple trees,berries,,everything is about done growing, in the ripening mode now. Typically,,Aug-Oct,,kinda dry. But we shall see? Weather is crazy past 10 yrs. Lots of heat possible yet though. Last Summer I worked at a State Park,,First week of Sept was the hottest ever recorded in DesMoines! Average that week was 98'! I'll never forget that week.

Just an update on the weather next week. May not be as dry as I thot. One forecast says next front may "Stall". Which has been the case many times this summer. Wherever they stall,,many chances of rain. This summer most have stalled around IA-MO border. If it stalls up in Minn. Iowa stays dry. So we shall see? Weather is interesting. Is why I like it.

My forecast has chances of rain for every day next week. We don't need it with the 6 inches we got Saturday.!

Down where I am we did not get that big rain...only about an inch or less...I was out spraying my brassicas tonight and it would not hurt my feelings one bit to get another 1/2"-1" on them after this week of dryness....they are growing like wild fire right now with this heat

There are chances of rain every day on the forecasts but if you read the details experts/computer models,,, are not sure where the stormyness and where the plain old hot an dry will set up. Hot dome is in charge now. I got spoiled too with rain every other day But like I said, some places are not so wet,,, like Ottumwa only a 1/4 or so for the month.

The good news is, a lot of what we plant for food plots are pretty resilient. 2 years ago, I planted a 1/2 acre of brassicas and only caught 1/10 inch of rain the week after with no more rain for nearly 2 months. I still got a great stand of brassicas for the conditions. I was lucky to get my brassicas planted this year the day before the 1/4 inch of rain in Ottumwa that loneranger referenced. Hopefully that is enough to get them going and hopefully we won't go 2 months without any rain...

Yea,, hard to believe Ottumwa only got that 1/4 last Sat with the radar lit up like a Christmas tree. Central Ill and Kirksville Mo,, an inch and thee quarters common, Ankeny 4 inches.! Anyhow,, pattern next week will probably bring scattered activity, but not the widespread coverages of Jun and July. which is typical. Also active jets are gonna have a more difficult time,getting to the south. So hope everyone gets what they need.

Top Bottom