Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More Mountain Lion Sightings

HuntNFish

I hate to direct the attention away from the rut, but I just have to pass along an experience from a fellow hunter.

Monday morning just as he was approaching to his tree he noticed some movement out of the corner of his eye, as I think most of us would do he stood still with his eyes glued on the object, concentrating, he noticed a long tail.... so I got to thinking OH, ya right imagination playing games, early, dark, tired, stranger things have happened right? Wrong... The Story continued. After getting in the tree and waiting for the first passing deer, and first light he was suprised by you quessed it a passing mountain lyon at less than 40 yds... Believe it or not, all I know is that we have had some sightings in western Tama, Eastern Marshall county in the last couple years including a couple trail pics.

Have any of you had an experience or know of anybody that has...

Does anyone know of the regulations surrounding the harvest of a ML in Iowa, it might save me a trip out west to get that corner in the house filled...

Less than 40 yards... I would have been flingin' arrows at that thing! Apparently they've been spotted around where I live, but no real confirmations that I know of.

I don't know if this counts for mountain lion or not, but I have heard that for every second a leapord is on you it is 100 stitches... just something to think about...

No doubt there are some around as a few have been shot or hit by cars over the years but if they were around in any numbers at all I'd think we would see more showing up on the thousands and thousands of trail cams that are in iowa woods.

I've got a picture of a mountain Lion from this year. Its a different looking one, its smaller, and has a short tail and black spots. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

A few homeowners outside of Fort Madison were contacted by the DNR last weekend because there was "multiple" mountain lions spotted in the area.

Your buddy should have an easy confirmation, ground is wet enough from the rain over the last week that there should be some tracks in the area. I will start believing the ML stories when I see pictures, see one myself, or get a swipe across the back from a catchers mit sized paw!!!! I believe there are a few around the state, but nothing like people are reporting.

Kratz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkratz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your buddy should have an easy confirmation, ground is wet enough from the rain over the last week that there should be some tracks in the area. I will start believing the ML stories when I see pictures, see one myself, or get a swipe across the back from a catchers mit sized paw!!!! I believe there are a few around the state, but nothing like people are reporting.

Kratz </div></div>

+1

and MLs are not protected in Iowa, shoot em!!!!!!

You probably have a better chance of winning the lotterey then you do seeing a mountain lion down there..

We have a Mountain Lion season in ND and I have yet to ever even see a track in the wild from one..

I agree though....I would have been flinging arrows at that thing.. Then I would have tracked it the next day with my trusty 12 gauge in hand..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I agree though....I would have been flinging arrows at that thing.. Then I would have tracked it the next day with my trusty 12 gauge in hand.. </div></div>

The Mossberg 12 gauge that holds 8 shells of 3 in buckshot. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom