Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More of the Same:

loneranger

Weather Forecast as far as they can see,,More of the SAME=WARM,DRY. My plots are toasted! Good thing I have Apple trees is all I can say. WEll on our way to 30 days with little rain here in SE Iowa.

I just checked the weather. It said a 95% chance of Cubs win with a side of complete game by arrieta

This forecast is accurate too. Just keep eyes on Western Mt. States weather. Warm Ridging out there and the Plains means warm dry here. Unusually Warm Pacific Waters are fueling this current pattern. At least heavy bulky clothes should not be needed during the rut. Pity the poor deer though. They are getting their heavy coats on and cant take em off!

The good news is there are already a few cold fronts in the forecast over the next few weeks. Even if there is not much rain, the sudden temperature drop from unseasonably high temps should get deer on their feet.

Where did ya see that? National Weather Service 6 to 10 and 8 to 14 day forecasts show most all the US in above normal or much above normal temps,,,they also show Iowa in above average precip though ,,and I think,,that,,,is screwy? Would be nice if they were right though.

Well, yesterday was in the 80's and today is mid-60s...sure felt like a front moved through to me. 10 day forecasts that I am looking at online show a drop from the 70s to 60s the end of next week as well with some slight chances for precipitation on Thursday...

Where did ya see that? National Weather Service 6 to 10 and 8 to 14 day forecasts show most all the US in above normal or much above normal temps,,,they also show Iowa in above average precip though ,,and I think,,that,,,is screwy? Would be nice if they were right though.

Still 6 to 10 and 8 to 14 day outlooks say warm,, for almost the entire US! Also check out the Drought Monitor Map put out by NOAA. You will see basically why southern Iowa is dry,,alot of dry all the way south across the gulf states. 63% of Arkansas is in some form of bad drought. This is where our moisture comes from.. The Gulf Moisture is blocked now from coming north,,main reason all these fronts pass thru with little in the way of widespread precip.

I still sweat walking to a stand in the 60s. Has to get down in 50s for highs before I stop perspiring! Cool mornings are alright though,,and we are bound to have those by NOV.

Top Bottom