Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morning or evening sits?

What's being more productive for you guys? I've only been out once, in the evening about a week and a half ago. Just debating whether I want to get up early and hunt the morning or try an evening sit.

just from what I have been seeing on my cameras I would say morning I have had movement all the way till 11am but nothing big all the big ones are waiting till dark but if your after does then morning is the way to go

Iv gone out both just on the weekend andiv seen more in the evening but they we're does but i didn't see anything last weekend

We have not done any mornings yet but now that its cooled off the bucks are coming out to feed alot earlier in the afternoon, with lots of sparring going on.

Mornings are key for me. Just shot on oct 16 at 745. Bucks are moving at night right now. Should be close to the time where they like tocome out in the daylight. already have 2 160's on camera.

It's getting pretty close for me to where I like to sit all day. I know it's early, but if I'm going to hunt both morning and evening, I might as well just stay planted in the stand. You just never know when it's gonna break out. I can sleep in Feb.. (or occassionally in my stand)

Sat for both and morning was a little slower than evening. Evening was pretty good, lots of does and handful of bucks starting to get active. Grunted one back from a 100yds out and he came a running! Nice 3.5 8pt so I let him walk. Hopefully with the temps cooling off things should continue to pick up.

Picked beans tonight had alot of activity. Had a couple small bucks and does 15yds and turkey in bunches. This cold is making things move!! ;)

saw mature bucks both morning and evening last weekend... work isn't allowing me to get out this week yet but I bet things are improving with the cooler temps....

Top Bottom