Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

most memorable hunt

jeremy217

Im sure this has been done before but didnt see it anywhere so if so sorry to start it again.

My most memorable hunt, I have more than one but the one that sticks out the most would have to be, Thanksgiving day 1994, I got up at 430 to go hunting and while getting ready my mom had heard somthing and got up, she wasnt real happy that i was going hunting because we were having a family Thanksgiving dinner, but she soon got over it and told me good luck and dont be late getting there, after a 30 min. drive to where we hunt I got into the stand, at around 10 I decieded that Id better get around and go, after walking about 50 yards I seen a small buck with a bigger buck following close behind, I was standing behing a big oak tree that split up in a V, and both were going to walk right next to it on the oposite side, as I got ready to shoot the smaller buck walked by, I drew my bow and the second buck walked by, I took my shot threw the V in the tree, the buck turned and ran back threw the timber got about 50 yards stoped and took the arrow out, I gave him about 20 mins and took up the bloodtrail, I tracked him for about 150 yards and after finding him, started to look around to see where I was at, only to discover I was about 25 yards from where I shot him. after getting calmed down and getting him back to the truck I made my way to my aunts for dinner of course an hour late, but well worth being late for, turned out to be my first pope and young buck scoring 120. I have a pic but will have to find it and get it scanned to post pic, With kids growing up wanting to hunt im sure my most memorable hunt will soon change but this is one of my best

I would have to say my most memorable would have to be the first deer I ever shot. I was 11 or 12 and I went out with my dad. To make a long story short, I ended up shooting a little spike with my 20 gauge. It is the most memorable because it was my first deer and I was so excited when we found it in the bottom of a small creek. I have been addicted ever since.

Nov. 18th, 2007 - 4:05 pm. My "Lifer" went down that afternoon and the images still are fresh in my mind.

Top Bottom