Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moultrie 555i

thephatchef

PMA Member
Just got a Moutrie 555i. Excited to get it out there and see what comes knocking this year. Can anyone tell me what the battery life is on this camera running only photos? I had some poor luck with batteries not even lasting a week, two max, on my two Wildview trail cams last year. Wondering if its worth it to get rechargeable batteries this year.

I run alot of the Moultrie mini cams and have had tremendous results. They all take AA bats though. I will tell you that most of the new cams recommend not using rechargable batteries. I have a few moultries that take C bats and usually get around 5000 pics out of them in good weather.

I have 2 out I bought this year. They have taken about 10,000 pictures each and are at 80% battery still. Be careful with your locations though they are extremely sensitive.

Ive had surprisingly good luck with moulties. I try and limit the amount of burst photos it takes this time of the year. Odds are good your running them on a food source or bait station so no need for 3 burst photos when one will do just fine. I found that saved batteries and made em last a bit longer. I still have a d55 flasher that takes Vs and I'm gettin usually around 8-10000 pics on one set of batteries. It's hard to beat the new cams that take AAs basically with cameras you get what you pay for.

I picked one up at the begining of this year and put it out. I have had it ou for almost 4 weeks now and have gotten 2500 pics and the battery life still says about 55%.

Top Bottom