Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

moultrie solar pannel

peterb

i just bought a boultrie 4.0 camera and i was wonderin if anybody has the solar panel and if they like it. and do any of u have rechargeable D batteries. how welldo they really work? just some questions, sorry if others already asked but im curious. thanks. so far i was playin with it with my dog and its pretty sweet.

oh yeah. any tips about how high off the ground i should place it? i heard something like 4 ft? thanks.

I use the solar panel on a couple of my home brews and they work good. They definitely prolong battery life.
If you have one of the new Moultries, it's going to be hard to use a solar panel as there aren't any that work on there new cameras.

I bought a D40 earlier this year and had terrible luck with rechargeable batteries. Battery life was about 4 days, when I get 30 out of Duracells. I contacted Moultrie about a solar panel and they said they was one in design/production that would be available this fall (now?). I just went to their website and they have changed it. I do not see a solar panel at all, where as there used to be one for their other cams. I might revisit the solar panel with the rechargeable batteries when I identify a solar panel.

That's the one I was looking at. Amazing that Moultrie doesn't list it on their own website. I'll probably end up getting one of these. I could only find one brand of rechargeables locally, I think they are Energizers. I'll have to look when I get home.

When a person has to swap batteries only once a month, the cost doesn't seem too bad, especially if one looks back to what processing film used to cost.
shocked.gif

I have been running a D40 and and IR moultrie and a cuddeback on Duracells and have over half battery life left since Aug 20th! I know it has been warm, but I have used tons of different batteries and have never had luck with anything but Duracells!

I used to run Solar chargers on all of my old moultries.. I would put them out and leave them for a long time. Problem was You would go out and a squirrel or bird will have hit the cord and pulled the plug off. Then you have 5 days worth of pictures and a camera that was in the woods for 45 days! IMO, I have just always had bad luck! I like to check my cameras at least once a month, so the Duracells are the answer for me!!

Just my .015 cents

Top Bottom