Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mountain Lion?

ghost,
happy b- day may 7th!, ghost, its known that animals move when their habitat is disturbed, deer move in as developers change their habitat to inner cities, we see them running around down town Des moines every day, the more we take away,theres no place for them to go.whats the difference between mountion lions? urban development happens, they get pushed out of their habitat, and they move on to where they need need to survive.i mean no disrepect to your thoughts, or opinions, but do think they are not moving are direction?urban development is happing out west as well, we have alot of private ground for them to thrive on.i feel not all sightings are false.why cant we get a true answer from the DNR if they were exchanged to help our deer population?

ibowbigbucks I can see your point with development pushing animals out of their natural habitat, but I can't see it with Mt. lions. Mt. lion to deer ratios doesn't even compare.

On another note. I don't get why people are always talking about the DNR bringing in Mt. Lions to reduce the deer population. It would cost them thousands and thousands of dollars to track, tranq, and fly them all the way back here. Why do that when they could simply up the number of doe tags and make more money? I'd have to say I'm with ghost on this one. Most of them are young males that get ran off by the more dominant older males. Either way, one walks under my stand and he's getting smoked.

We have a confirmed 300 Mountain lions in Saskatchewan, possibly more. They have been spotted in many places, confirmed byt the DNR and shot in more than a few places, confirmed by all the authorities.

Some people claim the DNR brought them here to control the population of deer, that is nothing more than coffee shop rumors, obviously you guys here them too. We also brought in Grizzly Bears to control the black bears, didn't you know.

They have HUGE home range and like Ghost said...like young bears, or wolves, will move an awful distance to find their own "safe haven".

DO NOT believe the DNR brought them into any state or province in North America, it's a big coffeee shop rumor.

If I wasn't afraid to be called a liar I'd say I've seen one with my own eyes, about Midnight, crossing the hiway in front of the jeep I was a passenger in. We were stopped about 25 yards from it while it walked across the road, never looking at us. I'd tell people that....but they'd call me liar. Now anyways, unless they are posing an immediate threat to human life, I view them as a great addition to our wildlife poplulations. A beautiful, stealthy, cunning predator...can it get any more "wild"? I for one, love wild.

I hunt in Monona/Harrison county and the bus driver spotted 2 in my driveway going up to my farm a couple weeks ago. And many other have been spotted in the area.

I think they are here but I hear their core area is 50 miles so they can be seen in many different places?

I hunt down in Harrison and have heard the stories, but I've yet to see one. But I did see the 140lb female that was hit by a car near Harlan about seven or eight years ago. Nothing since then, but the farmers in the area claim to have seen more. I do know the bobcats are on the rise in Harrison/Monona counties, so this could be what some people are seeing.

Where do you hunt? My land is by Willow Lake and next to the Hide Away Cabins and also have some 2 miles east of there.

Top Bottom