Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mouth Calls-FRUSTRATION!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">update: I suck </div></div>

That might be your problem! Your suppose to blow! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Finally hit my first decent yelp in the hyvee parking lot today. I continue you purr and cluck in the isles. I bought a birthday card.

I must be about the oppsite of you. I am in the SAME BOAT except my yelps are ok, its everything else that sounds bad to me. A buddy let me borrow a Primos CD that has Will Primos and someone else. They go through a bunch of different calls and how to make them.

My clucks dont have any raspy sound to them at all? On the cd they sound like they are making it on a slate call. Ive tried several different mouth calls and just cant get it. They say use the word "pluck" and to POP your lips. Well, anyone else got another word to try?

I have figured out from other hunting, if calling sounds good to the caller then it really sounds good. When I started duck hunting/calling I thought my calling sounded bad, but my friend said it wasnt bad. By the time I thought it sounded good my friends said it sounded like I had been doing it for years. Course I spose calling could be like singing in the shower; always thought I sounded good till the dog started baying outside.

Dean

put your finger tips along your jaw bone. you should be able to feel your jaw drop at the end of your call.

Fit is more important than the actual call manufacturer. I'm a big fan of H.S.'s calls for small palates. I can't get the larger framed calls to fit in the roof of my mouth. The double D and raspy old hen are my go to calls.

Top Bottom