Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moving on a bird

Buckhunter

I'm just wondering how many time's you guy's average per bird as far as changing setup's?I have had alot better luck since I've started moving around on bird's that will not cross that magical line.I used to stay put until the bird had heard enough and would leave the area,now I will take more chance's and risk getting busted to move to an area that he's more comfortable in.I would say an average for me is 2 or 3 time's for each bird worked.I will keep moving as long as I think I have a chance at killing him.

If i know he is not coming, i definitely move closer, as long as i know he cant see me. and if all else fails I try to go in for the kill, if he spooks, then i will go find another one. seems like once it gets to be 4th season i move about twice as much, due to more foliage to hide in and wary birds
smile.gif

When I gunned it I moved alot more. But now that I am bow only, I find the blind, chair, and decoys alot to move quickly or quietly. I find myself sitting longer now than I used to. Are you moving a blind when you move 3-4 times per bird?

Bowman

No,I'm still throwing a load of 5's at'em.I would not want to move that much stuff either.
Do you guy's bowhunting them normaly set up on fields' or in the timber?

had to move on the one i got today 3 times. wish i had taken the bow....would have been SOOO easy. maybe next time

Though it's a real pain to move with my DB BS5, 4 dekes, and all the gear for a all day hunt, I seem to have my best hunts when I do change setups.

Today I moved everything 3 times before noon and came very close, but once again, it was a day meant for my Benelli...and not my BowTech
shrug[1].gif
bootyshake.gif
wall.gif

...to answer your question, when I was hunting with a shotgun 3-4 times...with a bow twice, if possible.

Top Bottom