Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moving to New York. A big "THANK YOU" to y'all

idsman75

Well, the time has come. I was born in Iowa and have maintained legal Iowa residency over the course of the last 9 years. I've been living in Iowa for the last 4 years and I'm moving on.

New York is the destination. Although it's one of the last states I ever want to claim, it's where Uncle Sam is sending me and will find more professional gratification as a result of the move and the change in duty.

I'm not a very prolific poster but have read a lot of your posts here. I want to thank everyone for all of the tips and hints about archery and my introduction to archery last year. Several members of this board have proven to be first rate sportsmen and have extended hospitality to me that I would not expect from people to whom I was merely an acquaintance at one point in time. The generosity of some goes well beyond that which I would expect from my fellow man.

I'll still maintain my Iowa residency status. I know I'll get back here with my bow over the years to come but it's tough leaving such a fine state. I've promised myself that I will move back to Iowa when I retire from the Army.

I hope y'all don't mind an occasional visit, comment or question from someone living in New York. I'll be back. I start the big move August 12th and I hope to take 2 weeks in December to come back and enjoy the great Iowa outdoors during deer season.

God Bless.

Don't forget your login and password and we will be at the next computer.

On another note thank you for serving so we can enjoy the freedom that we do. I appreciate those that have served, serving and willing to serve. It takes the ability to give the ultimate sacrifice for your country and our freedom. So while I would grant you there are some very fine people on this site the you are returning the favor many times over. Thank You.
waytogo.gif

as long as you are taking your computer, we will still be here. keep in touch, good luck, and hurry back.

keep safe

Re: Moving to New York. A big "THANK YOU" to y'al

Jeremy,

Be safe! Perhaps there might a couple of big bucks left when you get a chance to come back.

Hey, don't nock it 'till you've tried it. I grew up in UPSTATE NY and still have lots of friends and family there, there's a big difference between UPSTATE and NY City. Which base are you headed for? If it's upstate give it a chance, NY has lots of hunting and fishing oppurtunities. Good Luck, be safe.

NY ain't so bad depending on where abouts you're gonna be in the state. I live in the western portion of the state where farming makes up the bulk of the economy. There's also LOTS of hardcore deer hunters out here too...most of the time there's too many hunters (the state's deer harvest is normally between 250,000 - 300,000 deer if thats any indication that we like deer hunting out east). Despite the incredible amounts of hunting pressure, we manage to take some really nice deer in this area too. t kinda sucks that when everone thinks of NY they automateically associate it with the city and all the friggin' yuppies that live there. That place should be a whole different state if you ask me. By the way, one of my cousin's girlfriends who is from Iowa, was up for the last two weeks and she really liked the area and admitted that it was totally different than she thought it was gonna be. You never know...you might not think that its too bad when you get here. Anyways, good luck on the move from a self-admitted redneck countryboy from western NY
grin.gif

Top Bottom