Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

mowing your trails and plots

for those of you who dont or cant afford tractors with mowers what do you use for your plots and trails? I have been looking at pull behind mowers and some bigger riding mowers.. any suggestions? thanks

Got a 4 wheeler?
How many acres TOTAL would all your mowing be???
No 4 wheeler- maybe an old BIG riding mower would work??? With 4 wheeler you got lots of options.
Any neighbors with tractors that would do it? Just a random thought.
more info needed.

I just broke down and bought a Mower/garden tractor,,25 horse. The constant grass growing got too much to PUSH! I have mowed down some pretty high weeds in my plots already. Better than Whipping! Anyone here have any experience pulling a disk behind one of these wanna-be tractors? My plots are small and I am thinking next yr to get a small disk to pull behind. My grond has been worked few times by a Large tractor and disk. I know I would not dig in too deep, but for planting mostly grains, hope the combo would suffice. They make a small disk for the tractor, also a Roto tiller.

I have a four wheeler. Probably acre and half of clover and numerous trails... I read the reviews on swisher trail mowers and they seem to be 50 50. Thanks guys

Does anyone do it with a rider or should I just get some type of rough cut? Thanks anyone rough cut mower brands you guys know of that are good?

The swisher's the way you buy them SUCK but if you have access to a welder and know how to make stuff like that a lot stronger, it can be good. Make sure you understand how to work on things like that too while you're out using it. I welded mine up a ton better several years ago, reinforced it and made it really nice- sold it shortly after BUT the way I 1st bought it - man it had some whimpy parts on it- 5 hours later & some heavy iron and the thing turned into a tank. Engine is pretty good though.

I've had my swisher RT-44 for 6 years. 12 horse Briggs with electric start. Zero problems. If I can drive over it, it will cut.

cutting trails and thistles

I cut about 10-15 acres in trails and knock down thistles with my Swisher 44 rough cut pulled behind my Yamaha 450. It works for me, I am not going to say it is the perfect set up but it works on my budget.

Top Bottom