Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muck boots

I have 3 pairs of muck boots, chore boots love em, artic boots love em, wetland (my deer hunting boots)that were my hunting boots were good for the first year...I have had trouble with the inside heels wearing out and then you have jagged plastic rubbing your heals causing blisters... The uppers take a beating with briars, stick tites etc. and my trail that I walk in on has been busted more with mucks than ever with all rubber boots, I think the upper neoprene holds too much scent...

My chore boots are currently my hunting boots since I can't stand the heal rub from the wetlands..

Long story short: low mid use around the house and late season/snow I love them. But I am not convinced they are the best deer hunting boot for the OCT/NOV grind... I am going to try the Irish setter exo-flex next year..

going on 5 years for my first pair. Left them out in a down poor last year and the rain made them a bit stinky so they are now my turkey and waterfowl boots. I beat the tar out of boots and have had this pair on every hunting trip for 5 years, including every turkey hunt just about running and gunning and can't beat them up.

Ordered my second pair this year, only get worn deer hunting. Hoping that they will last just as long if not longer with limited use.

As far as warmth goes, can't be beat. I wear mine with one pair of cotton socks and have yet to have gotten cold. You can catch a good deal on them from some dealerson ebay, I have gotten both pairs of Woody Elites on there for under $125 shipped.

Kratz

Got to agree....tried my first pair of Muck boots this year. Always wear liner socks and merino wool(smartwool type) socks.......also noticed stick tights on top part of boot and the tops don't hold up as well (mine ripped) going through briars/fallen tree branches......still like them for comfort and ease of putting on/off better than my LaCrosse boots.

colemans.com, black mickey mouse boots with air vavle, $69. whites are $89. they even have a steel toe version. i used to work at the goodyear reatread plant, and the service manager RAVED about these things. i thought he was on crack, but from hours and temps he would get called out in, and what everybody on here says, i'm ready to pick up a pair

My dad worked for over 25 years on the railroad. He would get called out in the middle of the night in blizzard conditions to clean switches and do repairs to keep trains going. He said the Mickey Mouse military boots were the only boots he found that kept his feet warm. Not sure if I would drop the coin on Mucks as fast as I destroy boots. :)

Never tried mucks yet but have heard mostly good things about them. Main complaint
i hear is the upper can tear pretty easily on brush etc.
For cold weather though...Mickey boots NO question!! I bought a black pair mainly
for ice fishing 10 years ago and may finally need a new pair this season. For under
$100 bucks too, unreal cold temp boot

Hey Muddy hope life is treating you well!

I've been using a pair of 18" tall black uninsulated boots from the farm store. I get a new pair every other year or so and I think they cost about $12. I wear a pair of thick wool socks and when it gets in the 20's on some of those late November mornings I slip on a pair of boot blankets when I get to the stand. The boots are comfortable and light (I can jog in them - although I try not to) and do the job. I was going to get a pair of the Mucks but I don't really like the thought of having those on when it may be 70 or 80 degrees on some of those late Oct afternoons. They look like they may get a little stuffy. And, also, I think I would rip them up with all the thorns we have around here and I don't like burrs clinging to my boots either. The boot system I use isn't exactly glorious or something any pro hunter is going to endorse but it does the job and does it well for me.

Hope your season was/is a good one!

Rich

Hey Rich, good to hear from you. Shot an OK 8 pointer but forgot to email you pics. Your email changes more than I change socks so send me a PM with your current information and I'll send you a few pictures.

Top Bottom