Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy Hunter vs. Lone Wolf

Buzz

Anyone set up a Muddy Hunter hang-on yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Specifically, is it quiet and free of squeeks, and how did you think the leveling sysmtem worked? Is the seat as comfy as it looks? Also, since it doesn't come with any kind of easy hang hook, is there a spot behind the seat that would allow me to rig one up for easier, one handed hanging? Maybe a lone wolf easy hang hook could be used, or I could make a similar attachment hook. I'm thinking of trying one vs. buying another Lone Wolf. Thanks for the info.

I have 2 Muddy Hunter Pros, and love them!
10 lbs, and easy to hang.

it has a ratchet for the top strap which i like better than the LW pull-tight friction strap.

I have had not problem hanging this stand without the easy hang hook that LW has.

the design is very similar to the LW and does not budge when on the tree. no squeeks or anything!

its cheaper than the LW and the seat is incredible!

Great stands you wont be disappointed with a Muddy!!

I don't own a Muddy Hunter..

I do own a Lone Wolf and I will never get rid of it because of its ease of hanging. Mine is 2 pounds heavier than the Muddy Stand.

However after briefly looking at Thomas' Stands and after I was informed of the price of these new stands and the ease of setup, I will be buying one soon.

Good question Buzz, I had the same question and will be interested in the opinions posted. I believe I am leaning towards the Muddy.

I had the oportunity to play with one of the Muddy tree stands at the Whitetail Classic and just fell in love! the ease of adjustability on both the seat and platform just blew me away! I also talked with the owner of Muddy Outdoor and he fessup to the fact that his design is so similar to the LW cause he simply improved on the LW's great features! I do really love my LW but im super excited to try a Muddy!!!

any type right now,

but word on the street is Muddy has already designed sticks to accompany the stands, but have not yet began marketing them.....

its a killer system!!!

I looked at Bill Winke's demo, looks like a nice stand, but the main reason I will continue to use a Lone Wolf Alpha is the easy hang system -- you just can't beat having both hands free after simply setting the stand on a hook. If Muddy could come up with something like that, I'd be interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bukslayr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't own a Muddy Hunter..

I do own a Lone Wolf and I will never get rid of it because of its ease of hanging. Mine is 2 pounds heavier than the Muddy Stand.

However after briefly looking at Thomas' Stands and after I was informed of the price of these new stands and the ease of setup, I will be buying one soon.
</div></div>

Ditto /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I think their offer of replacing your straps free of charge every three years is a class act /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Wish I would have known about the Muddy sticks prior to spending Cabelas credit on new LW sticks.

THA4, have you heard any word as to when they may market the sticks?

Top Bottom