Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy or Lonewolf?

7pt

Thinking of getting a new Hang on stand this year to stay mobile. Looking at the muddy and lonewolf stands. I have always used API hang ons in the past and I think they are too heavy and noisy to be moving around throughout the season. Are the lonewolf stands worth the extra money?

LW is also made in America. So I think that outweighs the "giving back"

Mobile Cooter using IW

mudingbuck said:
I bet your computer isn't made in America!

Show me one that is?

Back on track.

LW have no welds to pop and make noise.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Never had a Muddy pop or crack due to welds so can't say I understand that logic. It's like comparing Pepsi and Coke. Both an A+ product. I like the Muddy sticks a lot more and being made within 45 miles is a strong selling point for me too.

Here's a fun fact... when L.K. designed the Muddy treestands, he literally had a Lonewolf in his office to compare his ideas with and compete with and/or beat in every aspect of design. His intention was to take THE best stand on the market and make it BETTER with his own designs... That being said, I have absolutely no personal experience with a Lonewolf but I can tell you Muddy stands are the best that I have used. If you want quiet, light, compact, durable, no noisy ratchets, easy to hang and can adapt to almost any tree along with being extremely mobile, check into the Bloodsport stand by Muddy.

Ah the yearly debate! You are not going to go wrong either way. Both are great stands. I went with a Lone Wolf and like the fact that I have eight different stand sights set with sticks or pegs and the lone wolf hook strap. I walk to the tree I want to hunt with my stand on my back, attach my harness, climb up, set stand, throw on bottom strap, step on, pull up my bow and hunt. This is quick and quiet and it only costs $15 for the extra straps with the hooks. You can't go wrong either way, just thought I'd share how it works with the one I picked.

Top Bottom